EAccelerator vs XCache

arowana

Hi there.I'm currently using EAccelerator on my vbulletin board.Just wondering does XCache does the same or even better?Kindly please share your experience with me!Thank you!:)

There are some benchmarks on these available via google, but sometimes one will perform better than the other depending on how your php scripts have been written.

If you are in cPanel, there is a problem with XCache. You can't view the XCache GUI control panel.

Hey,thanks for the replies.:)
I am indeed using cPanel,but with EAccelerator and running a vbulletin site on my VPS,is that fine or?Any other 3rd party apps to recommend to install and optimise that please?:)

Hey,thanks for the replies.:)
I am indeed using cPanel,but with EAccelerator and running a vbulletin site on my VPS,is that fine or?Any other 3rd party apps to recommend to install and optimise that please?:)
You can run Litespeed + PHP Cache which is a great combination and works very well with cPanel. Litespeed, however, is not a free application.

Where do i purchase this Litespeed product then?PHP Cache does the same for EAccelerator or is i different from what it does?

You can purchase it from http://www.litespeedtech.com/. Php Cache does the same as EAccelerator. Perhaps, it is even better to stay will Php Cache because it may include it as part of the pacakge for the next major version of Php. The author of Php cache is one of Php developers.

Xcache IS far far better than Ea.

i was on EA. moved to Xcache been 5-6 month and its really working much better than eAcc.
note that xcache support datastore cache too,
yes im on vb3.6.7.

drop eAcc go for Xcache.