Cron setup with Directadmin interface

onelove

Hi,

I have a php script which I would like to be called everyday at 6am for 5 minutes.

Any ideas on how to do this with the Directadmin interface?

I've tried this (space between php and /home)
1-5 6 * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/USER/domains/DOMAIN/mailer/crons.php

I've also tried this as suggested by support
wget -q -O /dev/null http://domain.org/mailer/crons.php > /dev/null

Thanks

onelove, which problem are you having -- that you don't see the place under DirectAdmin to add a cron job, or did you find that but it's not working?

If it's the former, try this. While logged in as the user for yourdomain.com, you should see "Cron jobs" under the "Advanced Options for yourdomain.com" section. Once in there you can add/delete cron jobs for that domain.

If it's the latter, you'll probably need to do some debugging from the command line to find out what's going on. I assume that you can only run cron jobs as your DirectAdmin user by setting it up via DA, so if the command needs to be run as root then you'll need to make it part of root's cron instead.

Hope that helps,

- Leo

Can't get it to work either

Hi,

I have a php script which I would like to be called everyday at 6am for 5 minutes.

Thanks

Hi, I'm also trying to get a cron job going. Here is what I have entered into my direct admin control panel:

/usr/local/lib/php /home/s*****/domains/s*********.com/public_html/loadavg/logger.php

I entered a 6 in the minutes field, because it has to be run every 6 minutes. However, the script is never run. Can someone assist me?

Thank you!

What are you getting as the output? Are you sure that you have you set up the loadavg properly with the beanc helper? I say that because I never could get it working for some reason (I am on a Plesk VPS, though that shouldn't make a difference other than PHP and other paths which I believe yours is right)

I had the same problem in cPanel actually. It finally just started working on its own. I literally changed nothing and it just started working the next day. Go figure. :)

I had the same problem in cPanel actually. It finally just started working on its own. I literally changed nothing and it just started working the next day. Go figure. :)

Do you mean the second day after setting it up? I guess in your case the note on the loadavg developer's site applies

The loadavg graphs will not display quite right during your first day. Once the second day is started the graphs will be correct. This is a design issue that may (or may not) eventually be fixed :)

but mine didn't work at all...

Hi,

Thanks

Why would you want a script to only run for 5 minutes rather than running to completion? I've never seen and am not sure that you can have '1-5' in a cron schedule. Does it actually save the cronjob?

I would say to test your command in SSH to insure that it's correct first and then work on the schedule which I would think would be '* 6 * * *' so that it would simply run every day at 6:00 AM every day.

You should be able to look in your cron log as well which you should be able to find in /var/log/cron.

Hope that helps

Do you mean the second day after setting it up? I guess in your case the note on the loadavg developer's site applies
but mine didn't work at all...

Nope, it [the cron] didn't work at all, same as you. All of the sudden, it just started working. I have no clue what happened.