Cloud VPS and Site Performance

wcat

I'm considering moving my site to a KH Cloud VPS account, and I'm hoping to get insight on the performance of websites on one of those plans that may be similar to mine.

My current site is a WordPress site with about 120 pages, 2700 dynamic pages, 20 posts and 47 active plugins. Site traffic is around 10000-11000 visits per month.

Anyone have a similar site with a Cloud VPS plan? Any thoughts or insights into the overall performance of your site? Before investing time, money, etc. in moving hosts, it would be nice to have some kind of ballpark in terms or performance, speed, etc.

I'm considering moving my site to a KH Cloud VPS account, and I'm hoping to get insight on the performance of websites on one of those plans that may be similar to mine.

My current site is a WordPress site with about 120 pages, 2700 dynamic pages, 20 posts and 47 active plugins. Site traffic is around 10000-11000 visits per month.

Anyone have a similar site with a Cloud VPS plan? Any thoughts or insights into the overall performance of your site? Before investing time, money, etc. in moving hosts, it would be nice to have some kind of ballpark in terms or performance, speed, etc.

I don't guess my opinion/experience would count then, huh? ;)

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have but wanting outside experience is totally respectable too!

I don't guess my opinion/experience would count then, huh? ;)

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have but wanting outside experience is totally respectable too!

If you could point me to any sites that are comparable running on one of your Cloud VPS plans, that would be awesome! But I would assume, due to confidentiality issues, that you cannot.

Unfortunately I can't due to our privacy policy :( Hopefully someone will chime in.

It's indeed fast though! Hard to beat SSDs ;)

Hello @wcat !

I'm not using the cloud VPS but instead using the managed VPS in the east datacenter so they are closer to my customers. The managed VPS and the Managed cloud VPS are close to each other when it comes to performance with the exception to CloudLinux and Kernel being available on the Managed Cloud VPS.

I have the MVPS-4 which run over 30+ websites, each one is a Wordpress installation and one of them had 36 580 visits last month. If I look at the CPU and memory, it did not even fluctuate. KnowHost VPS are rock solid with everything you throw at them! The same website had 1.4 millions visit in the last 365 days and I never had an issue.

I'm just using the biggest Managed VPS package because of disk space toward email but I could make it work with an MVPS-2 or MVPS-3. I would advise to take at least a Managed Cloud-2 VPS or higher.

Hope it did answered your question. :)