centos kernel and vbulletin forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedark1

I think this is a thread you need to take a close look at, It seems that certain kernels are causing overly high loads when vbulletin forums are used.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171071

Also take a look at the links on that page, especially those to centos.org, it seems that certain kernels cause overly high resource usage on certain configurations of apache.

I believe it's in the best interests of both the company as well as the customer that this issue be addressed, because Vb is such a popular and well used forums script.

For the record, I've been experiencing somewhat erratic high loads on my vps occasionaly, sometimes loads spike 10 fold, even though there is no perceptable change in website traffic/activity.

thanks

Hi Thedark1,

This thread on vbulletin forums talks about standard CentOS boxes with standard CentOS kernels. With Virtuozzo custom Virtuozzo kernel is used, so we don't run standard kernels and as such this thread isn't applicable - if Virtuozzo kernel will be replaced with standard CentOS kernel none of the VPSs will start on the system. I guess this isn't something you're looking for ;)

PM me your VPS IP, I'll check it out to see what's going on with it.

Regards,
Paul

ah ok, I wasn't aware that virtuozzo had a custom kernel, i guess i was thinking along the lines of vmware...and thanks ill pm you with my vps ip..

Status
Not open for further replies.