Cannot Start httpd?

Discussion in 'Linux VPS/Dedicated - General' started by SH-Dan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. SH-Dan

SH-Dan New Member

Hi.
    This is my first VPS Server and I JUST figured out how to access cpanel.
    But on my parralells I tried to start HTTPD and it says "[Broken External Image]:https://67.222.8.212:4643/vz/skins/winxp.silver/icons/op_error.gif Error:Failed to start the "httpd" service."
    It says deatails but all it says is Cannot start.

any help.
    and also How do u access CPanel through root?

2. mylinear

mylinear Member

3. Dan

Dan Moderator

Hello Dan,

Httpd is most likely already running and is controlled in WHM not the Virtuozzo control panel.

You cannot access cPanel as root. You access WHM as root and then create a package. After that you create an account using that package and you can then access that account's cPanel.

4. SH-Dan

SH-Dan New Member

Now I cant access CPanel at all???? and WHM. They come up to Page Load Error
    or PPP!
    I get this error:
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@simplehabbo.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

ohh and note, I just installed WHMSonic through root.

5. Dan

Dan Moderator

Dan,

Now I would say it's time to put in a support ticket...

6. KH-Paul

KH-Paul CTO Staff Member

If you have cPanel VPS Power Panel will never show correct status for Apache and some other services and will always display them as "stopped". This is due to the simple fact that Power Panel is trying to query service status using the "service NAME status" command and expects output / exit code as returned by RedHat Ent./CentOS init scripts but in case of cPanel most services gets custom compiled / installed from custom RPMs and they do not provide support for RedHat Ent. like exit codes. In some cases even names for init scripts differ.

As for inability to reach cPanel - I guess you've enabled "normal" firewall mode in the Power Panel - this configuration is more or less or for Plesk systems only and won't work good with cPanel VPSs. Just go ahead and switch your firewall config to advanced mode with default policy "Accept" to immediate get access to the system.

7. SH-Dan

SH-Dan New Member

Well, I put in a support ticket and they told me to Upgrade my RAM, as so I did. Then, the problem persisted with the upgraded ram. The ram went into the soft zone again....... but i upgraded? when I login to the CPanel, its a white screen. and the I refresh and it says:
    Can't fork at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun/Simple.pm line 17.
    Cpanel::SafeRun::Simple::saferun_r('quota', '-v') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedCommand.pm line 207
    Cpanel::CachedCommand::_cached_cmd('ttl', 900, 'binary', 'quota', 'args', 'ARRAY(0x916db80)', 'mtime', 0) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedCommand.pm line 318
    Cpanel::CachedCommand::cachedquotacommand('quota', '-v') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota.pm line 70
    Cpanel::Quota::displayquota() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota.pm line 254
    Cpanel::Quota::_getspaceused() called at (eval 95) line 1
    eval '$rSTATS->{$key}{$item} = Cpanel::Quota::_getspaceused();' called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/StatsBar.pm line 241
    Cpanel::StatsBar::api2_stat('infinitylang', 'true', 'rowcounter', 'mainstats', 'display', 'diskusage|bandwidthusage') called at (eval 92) line 1
    eval '$dataref = [Cpanel::StatsBar::api2_stat(%CFG)];' called at cpanel.pl line 4940
    main::api2_exec('StatsBar', 'stat', 'HASH(0xa661140)', 'HASH(0x91c61ac)') called at cpanel.pl line 1477
    main::cpexectag('<?cp StatsBar::stat([tr id="statsbar-%" class="row-%"][td width=...') called at cpanel.pl line 4737
    main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4620
    main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0xaa411e8)') called at cpanel.pl line 4572
    main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xa69088c)') called at cpanel.pl line 2897
    main::doinclude('/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding//index.html', 0, 1) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Branding.pm line 85
    Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include('index.html') called at (eval 8) line 1
    eval 'Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include(@{$argref});' called at cpanel.pl line 1644
    main::exectag('<cpanel Branding="include(index.html)">') called at cpanel.pl line 4737
    main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4620
    main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x917ebd8)') called at cpanel.pl line 4572
    main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xa6542d8)') called at cpanel.pl line 1312

8. Dan

Dan Moderator

Dan I'm sorry but I do not think anyone's going to be able to help you with this problem here on the forum you'll want to keep working with support on it.

9. SH-Dan

SH-Dan New Member

That long error is when I clicked:
    And people told me you guys were theee beeeeest out there!

10. Pieter

Pieter New Member

Your support ticket will be picked up in less than 5 minutes...Just log it :D