Can KH update us on Centos->Alma plan?

hochd

I'm a managed VPS customer and I would like KH to manage the migration from Centos to Alma that will eventually be required for my account. cpanel is beginning to complain about the need to do this, but I don't want to risk running the script myself without support.

Can I request this by opening a service ticket with KH? Is a migration as managed by KH fully reliable as of this date, or should I wait unti closer to EOL date for Centos for any possible wrinkles to be ironed out?

If you can post any general guidance either by replying to this post or in the wiki/knowledge base, that would be really helpful to managed customers.

Thank you.

We're actively working on our processes for this and on most platforms we're in the testing phase.

Open up a ticket requesting this and that it be escalated. Cite this forum post/my reply here :)

We're actively working on our processes for this and on most platforms we're in the testing phase.

Open up a ticket requesting this and that it be escalated. Cite this forum post/my reply here :)
I want to publicly give a shoutout to @KH-DanielP , who did the OS upgrade for me this week. There was a minor hiccup, but he handled it as soon as I noticed it. Many thanks, and good luck on getting all your customers on the upgrade path that's right for them, and in a relatively bullet-proof procedure. I appreciate this is a difficult task and one that webhosts did not ask for.

I'm on a managed VPS with CentOS 7 + DirectAdmin. I would like to switch to AlmaLinux.
Does this require buying a new VPS and transferring the accounts? Is there an easier way?
Thank you

I'm on a managed VPS with CentOS 7 + DirectAdmin. I would like to switch to AlmaLinux.
Does this require buying a new VPS and transferring the accounts? Is there an easier way?
Thank you
Howdy,

So DirectAdmin is on our to-do list, but I haven't had time to customize the upgrader for it. The cPanel process is pretty straight forward but we still run into a few kinks with it. I hope to have one similar for DA by the end of the year.