80 KH servers.....wow

Why take bets? If their support team grows as the rest of them does, then my confidence is in them.

Jeren,

You misunderstood my post. I joked lets take bets on what kind of growth KH will have, NOT the quality of support.

I'm pretty darn confident as I'm sure you have noticed that KH will still shine as the top no matter how many customers they get.

Regards,

Jeren,

You misunderstood my post. I joked lets take bets on what kind of growth KH will have, NOT the quality of support.

I'm pretty darn confident as I'm sure you have noticed that KH will still shine as the top no matter how many customers they get.

Regards,

OH! I get ya, now! :)

I say it's exponential. ;) A slowly rising curve. Maybe we can track their growth over the next few months and start making better predictions.

It's hard for me to make predictions anymore about technologic things more than 1 year into the future. Technology is just moving way too fast to predict something 4 years down the road. There are cool things that could exist in 2011, like a ridiculously cooler virtualization technology, maybe virtuozzo, maybe better than virtuozzo, who knows? In 4 years we might've adopted or at least began adopting IPv6, something that will indeed change the internet dramatically. In 4 years, bandwidth capacities and abilities will be vastly improved, and I can only imagine the processing and internal capabilities of servers. They say the amount of technical information is doubling every 2 years, and by 2010 is expected to double every 72 hours. Definitely something to think about :p

Well, if that's true, then lets hope that the games in 2010 won't always need the latest and the greatest computers, either. ;)

56! Holy smokes!

I think someone should make a case study out of this. Treat customers the right way = enormous success.

56! Holy smokes!

I think someone should make a case study out of this. Treat customers the right way = enormous success.

I'm pretty sure that has been done before in different industries. Treating your employees right goes hand in hand with that. I can only assume that KH takes good care of them too.

Sad that so many businesses tend to ignore those points for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure that has been done before in different industries. Treating your employees right goes hand in hand with that. I can only assume that KH takes good care of them too.

Sad that so many businesses tend to ignore those points for whatever reason.

Agreed!

Congrats, KH!

According to Hyperspin's stat's we're now up to 63. Quite an accomplishment ;)

It just occurred to me though, I think anyone can set their monitoring URL to be apart of that number. i.e. a portion of that 63 could be actual VPSes inside a node that customers pay for monitoring. Maybe KnownHost would clarify. If it's true, that uptime percentage could be inaccurate as well because if a VPS inside a node goes down but the node is still up, that uptime percentage would drop when there really was no network/node downtime just a problem in that particular VPS.

In any case, keep up the great work!

No customer with a VPS with us can be listed as part of the 63 servers or whatever that number may be. I personally spoke to Hyperspin over a year ago when this was possible but they fixed it (I noticed it one evening). They assured me this won't happen again.

Thanks as always!

-Jay

No customer with a VPS with us can be listed as part of the 63 servers or whatever that number may be. I personally spoke to Hyperspin over a year ago when this was possible but they fixed it (I noticed it one evening). They assured me this won't happen again.

Thanks as always!

-Jay

Thanks for the clarification. So you guys really have done well ;)

Regards,

I just confirmed with Hyperspin how it works. For the customer monitoring their individual VPS you can select it is hosted with KnownHost however this is not added to the servers we monitor. To the customer it may seem to add to the monitored list for KnownHost servers however that is not the case.

-Jay

I just confirmed with Hyperspin how it works. For the customer monitoring their individual VPS you can select it is hosted with KnownHost however this is not added to the servers we monitor. To the customer it may seem to add to the monitored list for KnownHost servers however that is not the case.

-Jay

Jay,

Just to make sure I read that right.

On http://www.hyperspin.com/en/ranking.php?type=2, does that show the uptime/server number of KH nodes only or does that include potential individual VPSes as well?

There are no customer's VPS included in that number. What you see at that link is all KH Physical servers not individual VPS's.

-Jay

:D Knownhost beats other companies in server count; 71 Servers and still that great 99.990% uptime with 5 Minute monitoring interval

Knownhost Thanks for your great service and support :)

:D Knownhost beats other companies in server count; 71 Servers and still that great 99.990% uptime with 5 Minute monitoring interval

Knownhost Thanks for your great service and support :)

Thanks! 29 to go to the century mark. :)

Joel

Impressive! Makes me proud to be a KH customer :)

But it also makes me equally anxious to confirm that you guys are doing ok, that your business model is sustainable (not at the expense of service quality of course). It wouldn't be good for any of us to have you guys continually bleeding in the red over the years and eventually wind up. *touch wood*