About to make the jump from shared hosting

inforg

I apologize, in advance, for the length:
OK, so I feel like I am outgrowing the 2 shared hosting accounts I have at Bluehost (I'm technically over on number of files restriction - because of all the Joomla installs) and Siteflip (server is so locked down, my Joomla sites won't function properly) and think I need to go to VPS hosting. While I don't use a lot of resources, I have a lot of sites and get worried with my current hosts whose attitudes seem to be "we are unlimited until we're not unlimited, and you will know when you see a website down message when unlimited is not unlimited anymore" :)

Let me run this by you and ask a few questions just to make sure I'm planning correctly. I have about 75 sites right now (roughly a third are Joomla, a third straight HTML, and a third small php scripted sites). They are all light traffic averaging about 75-100 unique per day per site. I'm guessing, but I think I am using about 5 gig of file space, <25 gig of monthly bandwidth, and nothing crazy on resources.

I want plenty of room to grow and not be worried about reaching some unseen limit. I do websites for local scouting groups and others, and someday getting an "account suspended" message would be embarassing. While I will do mostly add-on domains, it would be nice to have WHM to split out sites for clients if needed.

I'm looking at the VS3 with CPanel/WHM +Fantastico and have a few questions:

1. My CMS of choice is Joomla - are Joomla power users happy with KH - are there any conflicts or settings that interfere with using Joomla extensions and plug-ins?
2. For script installation WP/Joomla, etc, I really like SimpleScripts.com loaded into CPanel. Will KH install this for customers?
3. Can/Will KH migrate all my sites from both shared hosts? There is one main domain at each, and everything else is add-on domains.

Am I missing anything? This is a big leap for me, so I'm a bit nervous. What do you think?

Thanks for your time

OK, so I feel like I am outgrowing the 2 shared hosting accounts I have at Bluehost (I'm technically over on number of files restriction - because of all the Joomla installs) and Siteflip (server is so locked down, my Joomla sites won't function properly) and think I need to go to VPS hosting. While I don't use a lot of resources, I have a lot of sites and get worried with my current hosts whose attitudes seem to be "we are unlimited until we're not unlimited, and you will know when you see a website down message when unlimited is not unlimited anymore" :)

Let me run this by you and ask a few questions just to make sure I'm planning correctly. I have about 75 sites right now (roughly a third are Joomla, a third straight HTML, and a third small php scripted sites). They are all light traffic averaging about 75-100 unique per day per site. I'm guessing, but I think I am using about 5 gig of file space, <25 gig of monthly bandwidth, and nothing crazy on resources.

I want plenty of room to grow and not be worried about reaching some unseen limit. I do websites for local scouting groups and others, and someday getting an "account suspended" message would be embarassing. While I will do mostly add-on domains, it would be nice to have WHM to split out sites for clients if needed.

1. My CMS of choice is Joomla - are Joomla power users happy with KH - are there any conflicts or settings that interfere with using Joomla extensions and plug-ins?
2. For script installation WP/Joomla, etc, I really like SimpleScripts.com loaded into CPanel. Will KH install this for customers?
3. Can/Will KH migrate all my sites from both shared hosts? There is one main domain at each, and everything else is add-on domains.

Am I missing anything? This is a big leap for me, so I'm a bit nervous. What do you think?

Thanks for your time

I'm not on staff but I've read enough about KH I think I can answer some..

1. Seems to me every user with KH is happy. Not trying to be cute, but the only conflicts I could think of would be related to in which way you're running Linux, SuPHP etc. But they'll help you with any conflicts that could arise and set it straight.

2. You may have to wait on an answer from KH directly. But I know that they'll cater to most needs and it's quite possible they'll do this for you.

3. As long as you're running the same panel from your previous provider they'll handle the transfer completely. (Cpanel, for example)

Remember that whatever package you choose, VS2 and above there is a discount going on for. But I do not think it is going to last long so I'd hurry up and order. 10% off the lifetime of the VPS and 75% off the first month of service. Either way, there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

This discount will also apply to any future upgrades you do, such as RAM addons etc. And as you grow you can move up in package or with the addition of memory or diskspace as you need. You can even move down with the same discounts if you may have too many resources available. (But VS1 is not eligible for the 10%)

Most all upgrades they do come at the cost of very little to no downtime unless you were to decide to move up to a dedicated plan.

Hope I helped!

Thanks for your time

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. I've went ahead and answered your questions below. If you need anything else let us know.

--This would be for our customers to answer but what I can say is many do host Joomla sites with us and they seem quite happy as they've been with us many years.

--We can install this for you per request for free.

--Yes, we just need access to the backup functionality inside cPanel at your current host (or SSH) and we will take care of it.

Thanks,
Joel