tons of Spam

MadMax

In the past week, I have been getting murdered with spam. I have not set anything up yet to deter this annoying stuff. I just want some feedback on what t=other folks are doing to combat this crap.......

Hello MadMax,

I use ASSP Deluxe but cPanel integrates Spamassassin too. I stopped using it due to the way it handles bounces but it might work just fine for you.

Hello Dan,
Do you know if KnowHost can install ASSP Deluxe for users?
I would like to order a Cpanel VPS, but as you, I don't want to know anything else about Spamassassin.

Albatroz,

Yes, we can install ASSP for you but we don't provide ongoing support for it since cPanel doesn't officially support it. I have heard it is heavier on CPU as well but can't really comment on that personally. Hope this helps.

-Jay

Spam Assassin was activated on my forums a few weeks ago. All spam has been assasinated since. I am a happy camper!

Hello albatroz,

According to Jay there they can do that for you :) it's not real difficult though, if you're familiar with SSH and WHM they give excellent step by step instructions. At the time that I purchased it the cost was very reasonable but I have noticed that now it's much higher so unfortunately I am going to have to stop recommending it in the future. Not that it's not a great product, it has certainly done a great job for me just that they're asking a pretty good chunk of change for it now.

Jay, I have not seen much in the way of CPU usage myself but I also do not receive a LOT of spam either. I would be surprised to learn that it uses more than Spamassassin does though.

Hello albatroz,

According to Jay there they can do that for you :) it's not real difficult though, if you're familiar with SSH and WHM they give excellent step by step instructions. At the time that I purchased it the cost was very reasonable but I have noticed that now it's much higher so unfortunately I am going to have to stop recommending it in the future. Not that it's not a great product, it has certainly done a great job for me just that they're asking a pretty good chunk of change for it now.

Jay, I have not seen much in the way of CPU usage myself but I also do not receive a LOT of spam either. I would be surprised to learn that it uses more than Spamassassin does though.

Dan,

May I ask what costs a chunk of money? We didn't change our pricing so not sure what your referring to.

As for ASSP comparing to SA. ASSP is more CPU intensive from what I heard but can't speak on it from personal use. SA tends to use RAM for sure but that isn't CPU intensive.

-Jay

Jay,

ASSP Deluxe for cPanel is what I was referring to there :) sorry about the confusion.