Restoring a terminated account

Ave

I terminated an account and I think was better I had suspended that account. So I recreated the account whis same username and password. My question: can I use Virtuozzo backup to reinstall all files and configs?
:confused:

I don't think you can pick and choose individual files for restoration through Virtuozzo, but I'd file a ticket and ask to be sure.

Actually, if you look in the VZ help pages under "Backup Details", there is a section as follows:

The Browse Backup link allows you to browse the directory structure of the archived VPS as if it had been already restored and to restore only the needed files and folders.

However, this Browse button is not shown in VZ running under Linux / cPanel. I am not sure if it is available under Plesk or Windows.

Virtuozzo doesn't run under any hosting control panel--it sits above pretty much everything except the kernel. If the feature is there it's probably been disabled to discourage excessive disk thrashing, but support would probably be able to do it for you.

If you submit a ticket to support and let them know the directories you need they can(in many cases) extract the files/folders you need.

Had to perform it once, and it was flawless.

Regards,

My question: can I use Virtuozzo backup to reinstall all files and configs?
:confused:

Virtuozzo Power Panel doesn't allow to use full VPS backups for specific cPanel account restoration but these backups can be used to restore the whole VPS.

However, this Browse button is not shown in VZ running under Linux / cPanel. I am not sure if it is available under Plesk or Windows.

This part of the manual is applicable to Virtuozzo for Windows product. There is no such functionality with Virtuozzo for Linux.

If you submit a ticket to support and let them know the directories you need they can(in many cases) extract the files/folders you need.

In general, this is not something that we offer. We can try to accomplish such requests within 24-48 hours but only in cases there is pretty much no possibility to restore the whole VPS for whatever reason. There is a chance that we'll implement some sort of nominal fee for partial backup restoration in the future and, as such, will be forced to perform such (rare) requests faster but as of today we cannot guarantee any completion timeframe for manual/partial files restoration and, as I already mentioned, we do not really offer this service.

So the backups there are for the customer to use without support and its a one shot thing (whole VPS is restored)?
Also incremental is obviously changes since last backup, so can't really be used for full restore I guess? if thats the case they are not of much use in case of disaster.

/me trying to understand their use

So the backups there are for the customer to use without support and its a one shot thing (whole VPS is restored)?

Correct.

Also incremental is obviously changes since last backup, so can't really be used for full restore I guess? if thats the case they are not of much use in case of disaster.

When incremental backup is selected system will automatically restore full backup and all incremental up to the selected one on top of the full backup.