cPanel's new pricing structure?

The second announcement did not come with anything new .... so the price increase issue remains.

Can you go from CP to DA without changing servers or is CP so engrained in to the server?
You can. There is a tool https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58104
DA has native support for importing cPanel backups.
Anyway, let's wait for a KH official response.

We should be happy that KH has a lot of expertise in DA panel :)

Can you go from CP to DA without changing servers or is CP so engrained in to the server?

Not without changing servers, but the migrations tools have worked well in our testing/use so far. Given the increased demand for moving from cPanel to DirectAdmin we will start officially supporting cPanel to DA conversions. We're still working on internal documentation and training but we'll likely update the site this week. We've already been performing these migrations for people for a week or so now with great success. Many people are pretty angry with cPanel on principal alone and rightly so.

I suppose I could be mistaken but I thought that this comment by Jonathan set the issue to rest...
The second announcement did not come with anything new .... so the price increase issue remains.

You can. There is a tool https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58104
DA has native support for importing cPanel backups.
Anyway, let's wait for a KH official response.

We should be happy that KH has a lot of expertise in DA panel :)

@onas is correct. I was referring to the second announcement from cPanel not really changing anything from the first. It basically just added another license level at 50 accounts.

We've been selling and supporting DA for many years indeed :)

Overall the situation is still very dynamic and fluid behind the scenes. We will have an official announcement at some point but we don't know exactly when yet.

KnownHost assisted me 1 CPanel site move, which I had the most concern about because of the emails - but it went rather smoothly. The passwords didn't even have to be reset on each email account.

I did several of the smaller sites myself, and found that to be rather easy too. I just uploaded the CPanel backups into a "backups" folder on the root, where DA would look for it.

I then picked what to import; Domains, Files, Database, FTP, etc.
I just opted out the DNS Zone, because I was setting up new nameservers for the switchover anyway, but that bit of course was easy to do.

DirectAdmin accepting CPanel backups is part of its recent update, due to the CPanel fiasco. It certainly helps make things easier.

Hello,

CPanel announced the new prices on June 27, after 35 days KnowHost is unable to disclose the new cPanel licensing cost? Does cPanel not yet allow datacenters to post new prices?

Thank

CPanel announced the new prices on June 27, after 35 days KnowHost is unable to disclose the new cPanel licensing cost? Does cPanel not yet allow datacenters to post new prices?

We're still working on it to make sure things are as fair as possible to our customers.

Centos web panel is promising ( very easy to use ) it has bugs but every day it is becoming better and better and for paid one Directadmin. Many are moving to directadmin. The sooner you make yourself free from the greedy cpanel it better.

Centos web panel is promising ( very easy to use ) it has bugs but every day it is becoming better and better and for paid one Directadmin. Many are moving to directadmin. The sooner you make yourself free from the greedy cpanel it better.

I wouldn't suggest running CentOS Web Panel on any production server due many exploits that seem to happen pretty regularly. Case in point, one from very recently: https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/47124

While they generally fix it fast, I don't think it's got the reputation or stability to be run as a default panel anywhere, yet.

DirectAdmin is by far the better choice moving forward, as @oanas mentioned.

Hello, some news about this? Is there some info about how are going to change our current services prices because of this?

Thank you!
Regards.

As Jonathan has already mentioned:
Overall the situation is still very dynamic and fluid behind the scenes. We will have an official announcement at some point but we don't know exactly when yet.
We're monitoring the situation quite closely, but we're not ready to make an official announcement. It's frustrating not knowing, we understand, but this is understandably a complicated situation, and we're trying to look out for customers in the process. Just hang in there.

Nothing new yet, wheels are still turning behind the scenes. We've defaulted most of our order forms to DA due to the way cPanel has handled this whole situation.

Hello Jonatan, can we at least to know if there are comming changes in the next days (or this month) in the services prices? So, it gives us the chance of re-order accounts and this kind of stuff. I don't see any change in the account yet.

Thank you,
Regards!