cPanel's new pricing structure?

We're monitoring things. Right now our official response is this:

We were made aware of the price increase to cPanel at the same time as everyone else. As such we are still deciphering the information and what it means. At this time we do not have any information available as to potential changes, if any.

When we have finished evaluating things we will be in touch should any changes be necessary to your account(s).

KnownHost,

If price goes up, I'll definitely liquidating my customers and closing business. Nothing to discuss here: cPanel want to shut down small and medium hosting companies and only the big ones will survive. They want to force hosting providers to move to the cloud but they will overcrowd instances with customers account to have the 0.20$ after 100 customers deals. I won't take a 200%(minimum from what I have) increase on my cPanel licences.

I will not take that increase. You can count me out. Literally!!!

Some are already moving to DirectAdmin...
KH VPS plans have cPanel or DirectAdmin included. There is a cPanel->DA tool available and with some KH help, I think things can go very smooth.
It's interesting to see what cPanel will say tomorrow :)

KnownHost,

If price goes up, I'll definitely liquidating my customers and closing business. Nothing to discuss here: cPanel want to shut down small and medium hosting companies and only the big ones will survive. They want to force hosting providers to move to the cloud but they will overcrowd instances with customers account to have the 0.20$ after 100 customers deals. I won't take a 200%(minimum from what I have) increase on my cPanel licences.

I will not take that increase. You can count me out. Literally!!!

Let's all take a step back and just have a little faith in us here :) We're always looking out for our customers so don't worry.

Some are already moving to DirectAdmin...
KH VPS plans have cPanel or DirectAdmin included. There is a cPanel->DA tool available and with some KH help, I think things can go very smooth.
It's interesting to see what cPanel will say tomorrow :)

We've been offering DA licenses for over 10 years ;)

Time to spin a VPS and try DA just in case ;)

cPanel will surely not revert back to it's old pricing.

We've been selling/supporting it for 15 years now. Go for it :)

It's got some differences from cPanel and thus a small learning curve but it's not a bad panel at all. In fact it has a lower running overhead than cPanel as is generally faster at supporting new features. They supported IPv6 before cPanel, they had PHP-FPM way earlier, PHP7 first, etc.

Off topic but what about Unmanaged KVM Cloud with DA? I only see cPanel as control panel.

If you want that let me know and I'll make it happen. The only reason it's not there is that our licensing system is currently not designed to provide DA license keys as that's something we've always done automatically on the managed side. It's on our list to get updated and as soon as the system is setup to provide the licenses we'll sell DA on unmanaged.

Is that where you're wanting to play around with DA?

Be watching this development closely. I think there is another announcement coming tomorrow (Friday) from cpanel. Not holding out hope for any good news from them.

Have they (cpanel) jumped the shark ?!? lol I'm moving to DA and hope for the best. I'm just so use to cpanel and how it operated, been using cp for over 15 years.