CPanel update fatal error.

Ooops

Hello.

Recently, I've been getting a daily email from the Cron Daemon about Cpanel and WHM update.

It seems the update fails every time, with the log concluding with the following message:
[2016-09-23 17:02:18 -0400] W NOTE: A system upgrade was not possible due to the following blockers:

[2016-09-23 17:02:18 -0400] W [FATAL] - Newer releases of cPanel & WHM are not compatible with your operating system. Upgrade your OS, or use the Update Preferences screen to select a Long-Term Support release for use with your OS. Please see our OS End of Life policy for more information.

Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Thanks for your help,
Xavier

Hello.

Recently, I've been getting a daily email from the Cron Daemon about Cpanel and WHM update.

It seems the update fails every time, with the log concluding with the following message:
[2016-09-23 17:02:18 -0400] W NOTE: A system upgrade was not possible due to the following blockers:

[2016-09-23 17:02:18 -0400] W [FATAL] - Newer releases of cPanel & WHM are not compatible with your operating system. Upgrade your OS, or use the Update Preferences screen to select a Long-Term Support release for use with your OS. Please see our OS End of Life policy for more information.

Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Thanks for your help,
Xavier
Check your Support tickets... at the end of August support created a new ticket for me with options on how to handle the situation.

You should have gotten an email from sales@knownhost.com regarding CentOS end of life on or around August 15. That's when I got mine anyways. If you can't find it and don't see the ticket in your KH control panel just shoot a ticket into support and they'll sort it out for you.

Thanks for your help. I did't get any email about it( just checked again) but there is indeed a ticket in my support account detailing what can be done about this.

Thanks again.

Might want to check your junk mail folder and, if it's not there either, make sure that your registered email address is still correct. Every new ticket and response from KH should send an email.

Hello,

In the case of WHM/CPANEL, first of all you have to updated all the modules of system.
1. update the system basic files and modules via command " yum update -y"
2. In WHM update preference option allow automatically update to yes. and update all the package.
3. It is alternative of 2nd one, /scripts/upcp --force update cpanel.
4. IN last step update the kernel version which are compatible with OS and application manager.

2. In WHM update preference option allow automatically update to yes. and update all the package.
3. It is alternative of 2nd one, /scripts/upcp --force update cpanel.
That won't work. His OS is too old, and need to be updated (tricky and fraught with peril) or moved to a system with a newer one. We had this a long while back with CentOS 5-6, IIRC.