Managed VPS vs Managed Cloud KVM VPS

bradleygt89

Good morning,

Looking for some advice from both KH technicians and any fellow KH customers who've made the switch:

I currently have KH SSD-4 services. I run about 80-90% of my 95 GB in RAID-10 SSD storage. Never come close to my bandwidth, and RAM has never been an issue either. However, I am going to upgrade to either Managed VPS-3 with the 150 GB storage and 6 GB of RAM, OR the KVM Cloud-2 VPS with 125 GB storage and 4MB RAM. Both would be an upgrade on my storage, and both have enough RAM and bandwidth for my current needs.

Here is what I have currently:

20 client WordPress websites

15 Business/Personal WordPress websites

Most of my clients have email hosting with me also (which takes up a lot of my storage space). I am concerned about going to the 'Cloud' because if I understand correctly, there would be changes on any 3rd party email client setup, like with Outlook. Is that true about the Cloud transfer?

I have been very happy with my current SSD-4, and the few downtimes I have had, have been very short. Most under 10 minutes, longest was like one hour in the four years I've been with KH.

So, LSS, which of those two new platforms, MVPS or Cloud would be best for me, and my clients?

Thanks!

Bradley

Hey Bradley,

You're going to be happy on either platform but the Cloud platform will offer you the most flexibility. When mixing sites the ability to divvy up resources becomes more and more important so one site under attack won't cripple the rest for example. Cloud gives you the ability to do that since you can run CloudLinux. I think that's where you'd see most of the immediate value of cloud.

Our cloud infrastructure does have more resiliency overall so when SHTF we're able to make sure you keep much better uptime, though we run things pretty good around here so it makes it tough for us to market that aspect of things :D

The cloud platform is the future, so I'd highly recommend it. @KH-Jared and myself have been largely responsible for its development and deployment as a product so we welcome and feedback you might have.

Serving the US and abroad, KnownHost's Cloud VPS hosting experience is second to none.

Thank you Jonathan, as always :)

Does the cPanel/CloudLinux package provide the same speed and performance upgrade that LightSpeed Webserver with LS Cache does? Do you need both or just one of the other? Any insight appreciated.

Thank you Jonathan, as always :)

Does the cPanel/CloudLinux package provide the same speed and performance upgrade that LightSpeed Webserver with LS Cache does? Do you need both or just one of the other? Any insight appreciated.

Both. They're different products.

CloudLinux uses the server's kernel to limit resources per user, whereas Litespeed is a replacement for Apache. You can think of it as CloudLinux keeps sites from stealing each other's speed, while Litespeed gives everyone speed :)

Thank you Jonathan; I just sent in an email to both support and billing with a request to upgrade, and with a few more questions :)

Looking forward to being on the Cloud soon!

TY again!

I noticed there are more processes with the Cloud-3 platform over the MVPS-4. My MVPS-4 had around 80 processes where my Cloud-3 has around 185. I also noticed a bit more RAM usage with the Cloud platform compared to the MVPS with the same Plugins/Websites. Overall I am happier with the Cloud-3 setup.