what is experience of move to ssd ?

atul

Hello members,

At present my website is running in vps (normal HDD). Now want to move in MVPS-3 plan. so just want to know from any members that how they feel experience regarding performance after migrate ?? Do you feel any speed performance ? Actually in my current vps there is 15TB bandwidth but in new MPVS-3 there is only 4TB bandwidth and so before migration i want to know your experience of website speed in ssd.

SSD will blow normal spinning disks out of the water :) I'm sure others will chime in here soon with their experience.

Depends on your needs. If your site is database or I/O intensive you'll for sure notice a difference. If you had just a simple single HTML page with a few graphics you likely wouldn't notice a difference, but the more your site does on the back-end, the bigger the difference.

Thanks. In my new vps (ssd) plan total processor is 4 while in my old VPS-5 plan it was showing 16 processor. So in this way will it not reduce speed. Or in other way overall performance will be not same ? because ssd will perform better than normal HDD but in other side processor is reduced so overall performance will be not same.. ? In one of my support ticket they were saying that they use different technique of cpu allocation. But practically i dont feel any speed after move plan. Sometimes i feel approx 2 to 3% low speed on browsing compare to old plan. So just asking technical question, because i dont know more about it. Initially i had VPS-5 package.

The 16 was "equal share" processor (it was on mine), so first come, first served. They weren't all yours to use. In the new plans, you get that all to yourself.

In my case, I went from Manage VPS-3 to MVPS-1 (price increase to get near my previous levels wasn't in the budget), giving up a lot of space and traffic, as well as RAM (3.25 down to 2). I wasn't using the space/traffic, and was nervous about the RAM, but so far it's a lot faster for me. Front page load time went from 642ms to (generally) well under 500 (has a few db calls, too), and email checks complete much faster.

All in all, as long as the RAM doesn't cause me problems, it was worth the shift. Support did a great job swapping it, too. Barely a blip in uptime.

in current VPS plan there is virtuozzo. I read somewhere that KVM is good to manage VPS. I am not technical person and so just want to know that was it not good to use KVM in new ssd ?

second : i see that in CLOUD-2, there is less configuration than MVPS-3 (i.e vCpu cores & RAM), but price are same. So what is difference that cause fast performance in cloud compare to MVPS evenif less configuration in CLOUD-2 compare to MVPS-3 ?

second : i see that in CLOUD-2, there is less configuration than MVPS-3 (i.e vCpu cores & RAM), but price are same. So what is difference that cause fast performance in cloud compare to MVPS evenif less configuration in CLOUD-2 compare to MVPS-3 ?

Cloud is built on KVM and distributed storage. There's more available resources at your disposal and the whole platform is more fault-tolerant and resilient. In the event of a failure we can get your VM back running many many many times faster. That's it in a nutshell.

All in all, as long as the RAM doesn't cause me problems, it was worth the shift.
Well, it is. Cpanel/WHM updates during the day, and each time it does, near the end of that process LFD (part of the firewall that watches for bad logins) falls down dead. A few minutes later it gets autostarted, but it's done this more than once now.

This is my Mom's WP site on my MVPS-2 package, the Eastern data center. It is a fairly standard WP site, a template and a few addons. www.annbernard.com

Might want to update the favicon. Still uses Bluehosts icon. :)

Screenshot_13.png

If you had just a simple single HTML page with a few graphics you likely wouldn't notice a difference, but the more your site does on the back-end, the bigger the difference. In the event of a failure we can get your VM back running many many many times faster.