Spinning off a cPanel account to new VPS...

Hello,

i have a client on my VPS who is fast outgrowing my server's capacity, and i'd like to convince them to stay with you on a new VPS...
As such, i have a few questions..

- i seem to recall something about a KH site in Europe, do you offer VPS-6 or VPS-5 instances from that location (this is not a necessity, but it would be nice, as they are in France)?

- i imagine that, technically speaking, it wouldn't be difficult to copy one cPanel account from one VPS instance to another (or even just clone the server, and then remove all the accounts except the one in question), is this correct?

- Finally, do you charge VAT for the Europe site? If i remember from my last bill, there are no taxes charged...

Thank you very much for your help!

- i seem to recall something about a KH site in Europe, do you offer VPS-6 or VPS-5 instances from that location (this is not a necessity, but it would be nice, as they are in France)?

We don't offer the VPS* line in our European datacenter but we do offer the full SSD* line. https://www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps-hosting.html
- i imagine that, technically speaking, it wouldn't be difficult to copy one cPanel account from one VPS instance to another (or even just clone the server, and then remove all the accounts except the one in question), is this correct?

Piece of cake :)
- Finally, do you charge VAT for the Europe site? If i remember from my last bill, there are no taxes charged...
Nope, VAT if owed is your responsibility.

SSD is the way to go if he's growing. It'll be a nice upgrade.
Yea, that's built into cPanel. As Jonathan said, it's a piece of cake, maybe even a cupcake.

Thank you both!

unfortunately, SSD is not the way to go for this client; it's their email boxes that are outrageously immense; before long, they will need a whole VPS-6 just for a few email accounts..

oh, before you mention that any rational human would archive older emails on their computers, thereby freeing the server... Believe me, i've tried to get them to do that so often, but they just love their enormous email accounts...

...But, that's me assuming their site is what is out growing your server. Sounds more like their email is what's outgrowing your server. If their email is the issue, I don't think you'd have to go with a Europe based server. Speed wouldn't be a huge impact with email.

Correct.. Their email is the issue...

The Europe thing would just have been a 'perk', not a requirement by any means..

Mostly, the issue is crossing the Atlantic at certain peak US or EU hours.. It introduces (small) delays in (initial) server response.. Same when there are internet 'storms' -- IoT DDoS attacks, which are becoming increasingly common...