Billing System Upgrade

KH-Jonathan

CTO
Staff member
Dear Valued KnownHost Customer,

We have completed a major overhaul to our billing system which brings with it many new features relating to automation, login security, additional contacts, and more. We have created some articles at www.knownhost.com/wiki/my-knownhost to help you get started with our new client area.

This email marks the official decommissioning of billing.knownhost.com in exchange for my.knownhost.com. This URL change is meant to represent what the new billing area is, a one-stop-shop for billing and service management needs.

While certain new features are only available for new VPSs such as instant upgrades/downgrades, we're hard at work on the back-end to bring these new features to everyone.

Here are a few notable items changing in the new system. Items marked with a * may not be available to your existing VPS at this time but will be available for it soon.

• Instant provisioning of new VPSs (excluding Plesk)
• Instant licensing of software added to a VPS (excluding WHMCS)
• The ability to start/stop/restart your VPS within my.knownhost.com *
• The ability to change your hostname within my.knownhost.com *
• The ability to change your root password within my.knownhost.com *
• Graphs and usage statistics (including bandwidth) available within my.knownhost.com *
• View additional IP addresses on your VPS within my.knownhost.com *
• Multiple credit cards can be kept on file
• Auto-charging of the CC on file can be enabled/disabled for your account if you wish to manually pay invoices
• Unlimited account contacts can be created with the ability to login and access features from an ACL you setup
* The aforementioned ACL can control their ability to login/open support tickets at support.knownhost.com
• 2-factor authentication for my.knownhost.com (main account & additional contacts)
• Fully responsive (mobile-friendly) design
• "Invoice to" setting available separate from primary name on account
• Native display of tax ID on invoice (if set)

Previously on-file additional email addresses have automatically had login accounts generated for them and login information sent to the email address. By default, only helpdesk permissions are granted to maintain the access permissions they had before. You can login from the primary account and assign them more permissions by following our www.knownhost.com/wiki/my-knownhost/contacts/edit guide and our www.knownhost.com/wiki/my-knownhost/contacts/change-permissions guide.

Automatic payments from credit cards on file will still take place two (2) days before your renewal date Invoices will now be sent out seven (7) days before the due date instead of the previous two (2) days.

With this deployment, we've aligned things to start the process of discontinuing Virtuozzo for OpenVZ. Virtuozzo is reaching it's end of life and as we are committed to continued excellence will be deploying all new VPS(s) on OpenVZ while we work to move all existing VPSs over to the platform. For more information on what this means for your existing VPS(s) please visit our forum post at www.knownhost.com/forums/threads/virtualization-platform-upgrade.3429

You can login to my.knownhost.com with your previous login information from billing.knownhost.com

We have made every effort possible to make this change as seamless as possible. This has been a very large upgrade so if you see anything amiss, don't worry, open up a ticket and we'll get it taken care of promptly.

If you run into any issues, need help, or find any bugs please open a sales ticket at support.knownhost.com or by emailing sales@knownhost.com and it will be handled accordingly.

We thank you for your continued business and look forward to many more years serving you.

Regards,

KnownHost Staff
sales@knownhost.com
www.knownhost.com

The Billing Login in button doesn't take you to the login page. It just links to the homepage.

Errr.. I see what it does now. A little confusing, but okay.

Nice upgrade! Responsive works very well. I have 20+ servers (vip user) but now I need to download a PDF files and scroll in de PDF to see what I'm paying for.
Can you add the 'view' invoice button back, just like how it was, so I know what I'm paying for instead of downloading 20+ pdf's.

Nice upgrade! Responsive works very well. I have 20+ servers (vip user) but now I need to download a PDF files and scroll in de PDF to see what I'm paying for.
Can you add the 'view' invoice button back, just like how it was, so I know what I'm paying for instead of downloading 20+ pdf's.

Since it's a completely new system it's not quite as easy as just adding the button back. I definitely see where you're coming from and I'll see what I can do to get an in-browser viewer back in the system.

Good job on the upgrade. Bit rough around the edges but looking good.
Paying with paypal was a bit confusing as you need to click the paypal logo to make the actual payment.
Visually you have an "Edit" button and the paypal logo below that.
I suggest to change the paypal logo to the one that says "Pay Now".

I had two different account log ins, now they are mixed and mashed so that the ONLY one which works is my secondary contact (before this change both were the same level of access), but I can't do anything because I don't have any rights. I also can't login with the other email address because the system tells me I don't exist/password doesn't work. I tried to have a password sent to me, nothing happened. I tried twice by the way.

At the moment I am exasperated with this whole thing, especially as also the payment has come up and I need to DO things. What I can't for the life of me understand is why you separated billing from support from account.

I had two different account log ins, now they are mixed and mashed so that the ONLY one which works is my secondary contact (before this change both were the same level of access), but I can't do anything because I don't have any rights. I also can't login with the other email address because the system tells me I don't exist/password doesn't work. I tried to have a password sent to me, nothing happened. I tried twice by the way.

At the moment I am exasperated with this whole thing, especially as also the payment has come up and I need to DO things. What I can't for the life of me understand is why you separated billing from support from account.

Open a sales ticket and we'll dig into this for you.

Billing and support have always been separate. Years ago support was availble within the billing interface but probably ~2+ years ago this was separated.

Billing logins still work at https://support.knownhost.com and there's a one click login button within billing to take you to support and log you in.

Good job on the upgrade. Bit rough around the edges but looking good.
Paying with paypal was a bit confusing as you need to click the paypal logo to make the actual payment.
Visually you have an "Edit" button and the paypal logo below that.
I suggest to change the paypal logo to the one that says "Pay Now".

I'll see what I can do about this.

Captcha on contact form of your new website design is broken https://www.knownhost.com/contact.html

Will get this fixed promptly.

Thanks for the feedback guys. This was a massive launch so I appreciate the patience while fixing the little bugs that managed to sneak through the cracks.

Woohoo! I'm proud to be one of your customer, Love watching you guys Grow !
Billing Layout and new website design ROCK! I like it a lot!

Some suggestion & minor bug:
  1. Please add mobile app [IOS & Android] to manage our billing & support ticket, like this one, and this, or this for example..
  2. The Forum favicon seems to be missing
  3. Live Chat Button says ONLINE, but actually its offline
    ai.gyazo.com_305cd5b703511393fef9668496b623cb.png

Please add mobile app [IOS & Android] to manage our billing & support ticket, like this one, and this, or this for example..

Getting there ;) For now, everything is at least responsive :)

The Forum favicon seems to be missing

Good catch, will get this fixed.

Live Chat Button says ONLINE, but actually its offline

Looks like that button needs a small code update. Will get this knocked out today before sales chat goes offline at COB.

Some things I've noticed after the change:

I received an 'Invoice Due' email from your new system, it included this text: "If you would like us to automatically charge your card, login to your account ... to set up auto debit"

I had auto debit set up in the old system, and when I login to the new system it does say that I already have auto debit setup. I would hope that you can make the 'Invoice Due' emails NOT tell people to login and setup auto debit if it's already setup. I particularly have a problem with this because I had an account with another company in the past, and their system occasionally did in fact 'forget' about the auto debit, even though it was setup correctly sometimes it would just not charge anything and then threaten to cancel my account when I didn't manually pay the invoices! I would prefer to not have to worry about that when I get emails from KnownHost telling me to login to setup auto debit!

Also, although the new system does have a message saying that auto debit is setup, it seems like it would probably have failed when it attempted to charge my card, since apparently not all the card details migrated to the new system - the card number seems to have transferred over, but the address details were all blank, except for the country which was wrong. If that is the case then that might be something that you need to inform your clients about, otherwise there's going to be a lot of failed card transactions.

One last thing, while signing up for an account for this forum it had this security question: What is the last word in the phrase "Manged Web Hosting"? :)

Some things I've noticed after the change:

I received an 'Invoice Due' email from your new system, it included this text: "If you would like us to automatically charge your card, login to your account ... to set up auto debit"

I had auto debit set up in the old system, and when I login to the new system it does say that I already have auto debit setup. I would hope that you can make the 'Invoice Due' emails NOT tell people to login and setup auto debit if it's already setup. I particularly have a problem with this because I had an account with another company in the past, and their system occasionally did in fact 'forget' about the auto debit, even though it was setup correctly sometimes it would just not charge anything and then threaten to cancel my account when I didn't manually pay the invoices! I would prefer to not have to worry about that when I get emails from KnownHost telling me to login to setup auto debit!

Also, although the new system does have a message saying that auto debit is setup, it seems like it would probably have failed when it attempted to charge my card, since apparently not all the card details migrated to the new system - the card number seems to have transferred over, but the address details were all blank, except for the country which was wrong. If that is the case then that might be something that you need to inform your clients about, otherwise there's going to be a lot of failed card transactions.

One last thing, while signing up for an account for this forum it had this security question: What is the last word in the phrase "Manged Web Hosting"? :)

The first invoice notification run due to some slightly flawed logic would incorrectly say you might need to enable auto-debit.

If you had auto-pay setup from a CC before, it's still setup and this particular warning will not happen again so nothing to worry about on that front. Also any slight address mishaps that happened through the conversion will not prevent a successful credit card charge for cards which were successfully processed by the old system.