Litespeed

awehost

Just wondering if people can give me some feedback on having Litespeed on a VPS. I'm looking at adding another VPS and I was thinking if using Litespeed was a good idea and fully compatible?
Also, any security risks or issues I should know about?

Thanks

awehost,

Litespeed is developed to be 100% "backwards" compatible with Apache. Everything still works as it does in Apache - htaccess, httpd.conf, etc.

There are no risks that I've seen that cause any issues running it.

It can be installed on an existing system. It's a fairly seamless transition in cPanel and requires practically zero downtime.

If you'd like to add it to your VPS just shoot a ticket over to sales and we'll get you taken care of.

awehost,

I'm a month late on reply but at least you have an answer from a customer using LiteSpeed... :)

I'm using LiteSpeed on a VPS. I did transfer and restore 22 accounts that were not using LiteSpeed before and no issue at all after the transfer. You can even switch(a single click!) between Apache and LiteSpeed to see for yourself the difference in both software.

awehost,

I'm a month late on reply but at least you have an answer from a customer using LiteSpeed... :)

I'm using LiteSpeed on a VPS. I did transfer and restore 22 accounts that were not using LiteSpeed before and no issue at all after the transfer. You can even switch(a single click!) between Apache and LiteSpeed to see for yourself the difference in both software.

Thanks for the response. Can I ask if you found any improvement over not using it or were you transferring accounts from another supplier so to difficult for a comparison?

Thanks

awehost,

I was transferring account from another provider so it is a bit difficult to compare. I'll let you know if I face any issues with LiteSpeed and have to switch back to Apache.

I've installed a bunch of addons on the VPS and it still quick and snappy.

I'm also really keen to hear if anyone had issues with cpanel users having an issue with local php.ini files in their own accounts and if PHP had issues after shifting

Awehost,

I didn't face any PHP issue after the transfer. I did not have any account with php.ini files but all .htaccess did work right away.

If you want, you can send me a php.ini which you think would not work and I'll try them to see if LiteSpeed throws errors.

Thanks,

Awehost,

I didn't face any PHP issue after the transfer. I did not have any account with php.ini files but all .htaccess did work right away.

If you want, you can send me a php.ini which you think would not work and I'll try them to see if LiteSpeed throws errors.

Thanks,

Odds are if he sent you a php.ini it wouldn't work due to differing versions of binaries for extensions/plugins, thus it would fail out with incorrect path errors.