Xenforo Hosting

stog

Hi

Do you offer an install and config service for xenforo.... or at do you have expertise that would provide support while I did the install..

Thanks

Hi @stog thanks for reaching out to us. The actual install of Xenforo is fairly straight forward and only a few steps. We can assist you with that on our 3rd party best effort for a base install but any final tweaks and settings would be for you to do.

If you need anything past that we do have a professional services team that can handle some tasks but we primarily keep that to more server-side aspects.

Any questions don't hesitate to let us know!

Ok - Understood.

I am looking for a host that has more in depth knowledge. All software products have quirks and glitches. I need a host that knows how to make xenforo perform and keep it performing at the back end, I assumed that this forum is itself run on xenforo and that you would therefore be able to claim some greater expertise.

I will check out alternative hosting sites.

@stog

You might want to check directly on the Xenforo forums for that. I'm not aware of any standard hosting provider who is going to be able to turn key an install like that to that amount of detail. You're likely going to be better off finding a good hosting provider and then hiring a Xenforo expert for any indepth tweaks and configurations like that.

However, with that said, Xenforo really doesn't take that much to get running well. If you're really after speed just a server with LiteSpeed, LS Cache and add memcache ontop of it and you're set as long as you don't add too much overhead in your template.

Xenforo offers an Installation service for just $50 if you want to skip those few steps, but it's as simple as installing WordPress, here's a video that's less than 7 minutes long going over the install. Many hosts wouldn't even offer to install it as @KH-DanielP did, most would only assist you with PHP, MySQL, Apache, issues and maybe some plugins. XenForo includes tech support for basic tweaks and configurations, and they have their own forum to reach out to their community. If you want to get deep into the code and customize the system, few hosts would claim to be responsible for issues caused by custom code, you would need to do that yourself or hire someone as Daniel mentioned.

If you do find a host that does all that for you, at similar prices, please share with us.

@stog

You might want to check directly on the Xenforo forums for that. I'm not aware of any standard hosting provider who is going to be able to turn key an install like that to that amount of detail. You're likely going to be better off finding a good hosting provider and then hiring a Xenforo expert for any indepth tweaks and configurations like that.

However, with that said, Xenforo really doesn't take that much to get running well. If you're really after speed just a server with LiteSpeed, LS Cache and add memcache ontop of it and you're set as long as you don't add too much overhead in your template.

Ok Daniel - all understood. I am being cautious because I am responsible to members of a club - so there is a political dimension to decisions made as I am sure you will appreciate. I am sure I can proceed - what I am anxious to avoid is being hooked up with people who just dont respond once my credit card is lodged. You know what I mean I am sure.

I will sign up and give it a go.

All the best
Russ

what I am anxious to avoid is being hooked up with people who just dont respond once my credit card is lodged. You know what I mean I am sure.

I just wanted to comment that we typically respond within the first few minutes of a ticket submission with follow up replies typically being within 15 minutes.

You can even see our average first response time here: https://support.knownhost.com/

As of this reply; it's 1.7 minutes. You should never go without a response.

people who just dont respond once my credit card is lodged
That sounds like my previous host. For what a random stranger's review is worth to you, I wouldn't be with KnownHost for the last 5 years (anniversary coming next month *hint* #KHswag) if they were not worth keeping. Unprecedented up-time and amazing support thanks to KnownHost, 5 years straight for me. There are other people here that have been here far longer than I have that share the same opinion as me.

Welcome and good luck @stog !

Ok Daniel - all understood. I am being cautious because I am responsible to members of a club - so there is a political dimension to decisions made as I am sure you will appreciate. I am sure I can proceed - what I am anxious to avoid is being hooked up with people who just dont respond once my credit card is lodged. You know what I mean I am sure.

I will sign up and give it a go.

All the best
Russ

Shoot me a PM once you're signed up and I'd be happy to give your setup a once-over :)