WP Hosting and Mail Exchange

jealbr

I have a site that uses an external mail exchange service (rackspace), is it possible to set this up on the Managed WP Hosting?

Also, are there any issues with using plugins such as WP Rocket (cache plugin) or the iThemes Security?

I have a site that uses an external mail exchange service (rackspace), is it possible to set this up on the Managed WP Hosting?

Also, are there any issues with using plugins such as WP Rocket (cache plugin) or the iThemes Security?

Sure you can use remote email, and neither of those plugins would cause issues. wp rocket would conflict with LSCache which is superior. I'd recommend you not use wprocket.

Sure you can use remote email, and neither of those plugins would cause issues. wp rocket would conflict with LSCache which is superior. I'd recommend you not use wprocket.

Is that something support would have to handle or are those settings available to the user?

On a VPS or Dedicated server you just select remote email server when setting up an account. For WP hosting you may need to contact support, but it all depends on where you set your nameservers. You could manage these settings from your domain registrar, but if you'd prefer you can just set your nameservers to point to your KH server and KH support can easily handle that request.

Yes, WP updates can easily be disabled in WP Admin by adding a disable updates plugin or add a line of code to wp-config.
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-disable-automatic-updates-in-wordpress/

On a VPS or Dedicated server you just select remote email server when setting up an account. For WP hosting you may need to contact support, but it all depends on where you set your nameservers. You could manage these settings from your domain registrar, but if you'd prefer you can just set your nameservers to point to your KH server and KH support can easily handle that request.

Yes, WP updates can easily be disabled in WP Admin by adding a disable updates plugin or add a line of code to wp-config.
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-disable-automatic-updates-in-wordpress/

In our Managed WP Hosting; Automatic updates of WordPress and related plugins cannot be disabled; as part of our service to ensure constant security, we insist that all plugins and themes remain at their latest available versions.

Is that something support would have to handle or are those settings available to the user?

As for setting email settings, as we manage the DNS for these WordPress packages, you would need to contact us to have that performed.

Hope this clears things up!