WordPress Optimizations on VPS

WebEndev

Hi

I am contemplating moving several WordPress sites to KH VPS.

What are the specific server optimizations that KH does to improve the speed of WordPress sites?

Thanks!

So far as I know there are no optimizations done and VPSs are straight out of the box cPanel installations.

Actually cPanel VPSs are well pre-optimized and pre-secured by default however it is important to remember that everyone expects different things when they say "optimized" - what is perfect for one person would be considered totally unusable by somebody else.

Let me be more specific.

Will your managed VPS servers support (and do you install them on request) the following:

1. APC
  2. Varnish
  3. PHP-FPM
  4. Nginx

- - Do you set up managed VPS with Apache + APC + Varnish installed and configured together?

- - If Nginx is a yes, can it be run with APC + Varnish?

So... to sum it up... I wanted to know what KnownHost recommends for a PHP based platform such as WordPress?

Thanks

Let me be more specific.

Will your managed VPS servers support (and do you install them on request) the following:

1. APC
  2. Varnish
  3. PHP-FPM
  4. Nginx

- - Do you set up managed VPS with Apache + APC + Varnish installed and configured together?

- - If Nginx is a yes, can it be run with APC + Varnish?

So... to sum it up... I wanted to know what KnownHost recommends for a PHP based platform such as WordPress?

Thanks

Hello,

PHP-FPM is not directly supported by any of the control panels we offer as far as we're aware, as for the rest
- we can attempt to install them per your request as with any other 3rd party software.

Hope this helps. Anything else needed let us know.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi Joel,

we can attempt to install them per your request

That's great.

So asking it another way -

What combinations do you see clients using for their WordPress sites that are on KnownHost VPS?

Thanks