Why did you choose Plesk?

bdmorrison

This was my first VPS, I've been with knownhost for over a year. Choosing plesk for me was just a luck of the draw I guess.

I've been looking into cPanel and it seems (in my opinion) to be the better control panel.

So I'm looking to those with more experience/knowledge/etc. why did you choose plesk? Why did you not choose cPanel?

Thanks!

This was my first VPS, I've been with knownhost for over a year. Choosing plesk for me was just a luck of the draw I guess.

I've been looking into cPanel and it seems (in my opinion) to be the better control panel.

So I'm looking to those with more experience/knowledge/etc. why did you choose plesk? Why did you not choose cPanel?

Thanks!

I chose Plesk initially to be frank because it looked nicer. It had a more elgant, professional look than Cpanel :p. At that time, I heard from many that both Cpanel and Plesk had their problems.

Now when I really think about it, I might be more inclined to switch over to Cpanel. Why? Well, one cause now Cpanel 11 looks nicer. Also, cause I now realize that Cpanel seems more responsive to issues and in general b/c cpanel is more widespread you have more flexibility.

The bottom line is really to never choose anything solely based on how it looks - though, I am fairly satisfied with Plesk. Well, at least I think ;)

I chose Plesk initially to be frank because it looked nicer. It had a more elgant, professional look than Cpanel :p. At that time, I heard from many that both Cpanel and Plesk had their problems.

Now when I really think about it, I might be more inclined to switch over to Cpanel. Why? Well, one cause now Cpanel 11 looks nicer. Also, cause I now realize that Cpanel seems more responsive to issues and in general b/c cpanel is more widespread you have more flexibility.

The bottom line is really to never choose anything solely based on how it looks - though, I am fairly satisfied with Plesk. Well, at least I think ;)

You may find images / tutorial of cPanel v11 and new features here:
http://forums.knownhost.com/showpost.php?p=4244&postcount=16