WHMCS Security

turbo2ltr

Since your customers are leasing WHMCS through you and not WHMCS directly, it would have been nice to have been forwarded the emails on the recent security patches that WHMCS says they emailed to their customers. I found out the hard way about these security exploits.

I actually mistakenly thought you guys manage the WHMCS code, but seeing as I was still running 4.1.x, it was my fault for not realizing sooner.

Since your customers are leasing WHMCS through you and not WHMCS directly, it would have been nice to have been forwarded the emails on the recent security patches that WHMCS says they emailed to their customers. I found out the hard way about these security exploits.
[Broken External Image]:http://tiny.cc/jr5nax I actually mistakenly thought you guys manage the WHMCS code, but seeing as I was still running 4.1.x, it was my fault for not realizing sooner.
I agree I was unaware of the exploits also.

Last edited:
I am happy to see Knownhost has implemented my suggestion. Despite being subscribed to the WHMCS announcement forum (so I knew all about the recent DB compromise) I got an email from Knownhost about a patch issued today before I heard about it from WHMCS. Nice job.