WHMCS Cron not running

LeMarque

Been having this problem for some time. I have the default WHMCS cron job in cPanel. It used to email me the db backup but it stopped working.

If I run wget http://www.mydomain.com/domains/admin/cron.php

it errors with:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
08:40:03 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.

Can't find an error log that gives me what the actual error is.

Other cron jobs run fine.

Any help appreciated

What's the cron you're having trouble with? I've not known the WHMCS cron to send db backups (though I could be wrong). If it can do that, maybe I can take a look at my set up and see about testing this out.

Configuration > Automation Settings

To enable the automation features to run, make sure you set up a cron job to run once per day at the time you want invoices to be sent out and accounts suspended (eg. 9am).

All other crons and e-mails out of WHMCS work as expected

Resolved

I found what the problem was for me.

I had an 'old', read no longer active, server setup in Configuration >> Servers that one client was still assigned to; although I had actually moved that client to the CA DC.

After changing the clients Products/Services to reflect the correct server...Voila! The Cron Job Report now runs when I enter the path in my browser and wget doesn't error out.

Just have to wait and see if the backup is e-mailed to me. But I have a feeling all is well.

Hi LeMarque,

Take a look at your cron log to see if there is anything in there about why it failed too. It's /var/log/cron.

If you don't see anything there you might want to post on their site about logging errors for that cron job or something.

Oh and the wget error should show up in the Apache error log /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log.

Thanks Dan

There are no errors in the logs that I could see. WHMCS has a number of posts about similar problems from other users. Mine happened to be as my previous post stated. Which I ignored for the longest time and when I corrected it yesterday, it 'fixed' the cron issue.

BTW - my kids said you never did wave at them ;)