Which VPS

kuyenmotdivad

Hi,

Q1: Which VPS would be best for me, I have a domain and am just starting out... I would like DirectAdmin.

A2: When I used DirectAdmin on an old host someone kept trying to login through SSH, would enabling the Firewall stop this or would the port need to be changed?

Q3: If I order the VS2 for example and my site gets bigger would it be easy to upgrade to an higher package without lossing data?

Q4: Would APC be able to be installed?

Q5: Would the VPS be able to run Xenforo with no problems :

XenForo System Requirements

• PHP: 5.2.4+
  • MySQL: 5.0+
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • PHP safe_mode off

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Please see below as I've answered each of your questions. Anything else you need let us know.

Q1: Which VPS would be best for me, I have a domain and am just starting out... I would like DirectAdmin.

--We'd recommend our VS2 plan when using a control panel such as Directadmin, cPanel, etc.

A2: When I used DirectAdmin on an old host someone kept trying to login through SSH, would enabling the Firewall stop this or would the port need to be changed?

--Our Support Department can work with you on this. Just run this by them and they'll assist you to your satisfaction.

Q3: If I order the VS2 for example and my site gets bigger would it be easy to upgrade to an higher package without lossing data?

--Yes, you can easily upgrade later as needed and you will experience NO data loss.

--Yes, per request we will install it.

--Your requirements are supported with our VPS's so not a problem at all.

Thanks,
Joel

Ordered where does the information get sent, as I stated first email as the .com domain hosted by the package I just purchased so I dont have access to that email yet - could the email be sent to the secondary email, the .net one?

Thanks for the order. Once it's ready we will email you to the primary email but we'll manually resend it to the .net email. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the order. Once it's ready we will email you to the primary email but we'll manually resend it to the .net email. Hope this helps.

Thankyou, dont they need to know what specifications im wanting like litespeed so it runs xenforo and APC installing?

Thankyou, dont they need to know what specifications im wanting like litespeed so it runs xenforo and APC installing?

Hello,

Your logins were just manually emailed to the secondary email address. Regarding assistance with configuration, APC, etc you need to submit a support ticket. They will assist you accordingly. That's not something done before the logins are sent. Have a nice evening.

Thanks,
Joel

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Please see below as I've answered each of your questions. Anything else you need let us know.
[Broken External Image]:http://www.1-imageshack.us/images/images/45.gif

--We'd recommend our VS2 plan when using a control panel such as Directadmin, cPanel, etc.

--Our Support Department can work with you on this. Just run this by them and they'll assist you to your satisfaction.

--Yes, you can easily upgrade later as needed and you will experience NO data loss.

--Yes, per request we will install it.

--Your requirements are supported with our VPS's so not a problem at all.

Thanks,
Joel
Good to know xenforo will work thanks.