Which cpanel and RAM questions

mixart

I'm considering a VPS setup for my site seeing I've outgrown my current shared hosting.

A few questions:
- Which control panel would you recommend for someone that is not experienced in semi-managing a server. I've not had much experience in linux, and rarely had to use command line commands before. I do want as much control as possible to be able to monitor the performance of my applications, but at the same time would like it to be a simple interface.

- My site has fairly high memory/CPU usage. I know I can add RAM as needed which is a great option. I'm just unsure of how much RAM my site would really need. I'm unaware of any way with my current hosting to measure the type of resources my site uses so I will be really guessing. My site is fairly database (mysql) intensive, I use the PHP GD library very regularly in a fairly complex way. Any recommendations on how I can determine how much RAM I will need perhaps with some examples.

Hello and thank you for your interest in KnownHost. If you are not familiar with any particular control panel I would advise you to take a look at the various demos we have provided on our website for cPanel, Plesk and DirectAdmin. Our most popular control panel is cPanel and most people say it is very user friendly. It is the most resources intensive out of the three so keep that in mind as well.

It is really hard to suggest a RAM amount without knowing more about your website. My suggestion would be to start with either VPS M (Plesk or DirectAdmin) or VPS L (cPanel) and take it from there. You can always add RAM to your account if you need more or upgrade the plan as your site grows.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Joel