vz01-la issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcwebs

Hey all,

I'm currently experiencing intermittent load issues on vz01-la - I've submitted a support ticket, but every time I've had load issues in the last 12 months it has always been server wide ie: affecting all VPS's on the node.

Is anyone else on that node having load issues?

Pete

Hi again pmcwebs. Same issue here, though I haven't submitted a support ticket yet. Has been going on intermittently (including about 5 minutes ago) for the past several days. Load isn't as high as it was the last time this happened, but still annoying nonetheless. Exact same problems as last time too. Everything is slow, pages won't load, can't log into WHM or cPanel, SSH is slow/unresponsive.

Hi Pete and Bryan,

As per my reply to Pete's ticket we're aware of this issue and are trying to catch the exact source. If we won't be able to find exact account we will move all VPSs from vz01-la machine (running with VZ v3) to the VZ v4 system where such things shouldn't be happening.
In any case - we're definitely aware of this and doing everything possible to get this resovled.

Paul

Thanks for your reply, I've just read the ticket response that you sent me. I'm glad that you're on top of the issue.

All the best,

Pete

Paul,

Is there any update on this server?

Here is a load graph from today. At about 9 pm (Australian Eastern Summer Time) it went to high loads again. I saw loads in excess of 9 which brought the VPS to it's knees.

Pete

Attachments

• loads.jpg
    loads.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 8
Pete,

Migration of all accounts to VZ v4 system was initiated and should be completed within next 2-3 days. This should resolve the problem.

Regards,
Paul

Pete,

Migration of all accounts to VZ v4 system was initiated and should be completed within next 2-3 days. This should resolve the problem.

Regards,
Paul

My load graph shows a drastic improvement in loads as at 4:30 PM, AEST. I checked my trace route and I see that I've been moved. Thanks for the excellent service.

Pete

Moved here as well. Thanks guys! Just curious, what are the major differences between the old VZ3 systems and the VZ4?

All accounts from vz01-la were migrated to VZ v4 powered server, this should resolve the problem we were seeing on VZ v3 based vz01-la machine.
The major change between these two versions is per-vps i/o priority - with VZ v4 disk i/o intensive accounts shouldn't harm other VPSs hosted on the same server and this is exactly what was happening on vz01-la.

Status
Not open for further replies.