VPS Purchase Question

T

Tru2Chevy

Hello,

I am thinking about switching my website to your VPS XLtx plan (as I am quite unhappy with my current host). I run a fairly active vBulletin site (approx 200k posts and 1,200 members, with 50-80 users online on a regular basis).

I was wondering what processors you run on the servers you use for your VPS plans. My current host sold their VPS plans with a "Maximum CPU - 2 AMD's OPTERON DUAL CORES 265" and when I purchased the VPS I found that the server I was placed on only had a Celeron 2.66.

I've been reading up on your company for several days, and you have a great reputation, but I just wanted to make sure that all of the servers you use are similar in terms of CPU processing power.

Thanks!

- Justin, most likely a future customer ;o)

Hello Justin,

We use 2 CPU Dual Opteron (248's) all in a RAID 10 with 8 gigs of RAM. For CPU we do Equal share so you will get an equal percentage of the CPU with all other customers on the same box. We cap servers around 70% so the servers are not crammed with customers. Of course we offer a 30 day money back guarantee so there is next to no risk. Hope to see you sign up.

Joel

Future Plans?

Just wondering, it's been nearly 2 years. I know it takes time to reap fully the returns on your server investment. But are there any hardware upgrades planned for the near future? Maybe a rough estimate of upgrading the servers in say, 2010 or 2012? :p

Off the top of my head I wouldn't know the answer to when we will but of course this is something that we will do. Sorry I don't know dates.

Joel