VPS Performance with WP

Ishagmuro

Hi people of Knownhost
I want to ask you about your VPS plans and my Wordpress projects.
Actually I have running some blogs, and my stats last month were:

Unique visitors: 424 866
Page views: 1 530 993

So, my actual VPS can´t handle that. What is your recomendation? I just use Wordpress, and I assume I´ll increase the traffic in some time.

Would I go for VPS? wich one, or maybe Hybrid?
I can´t afford Dedicated. And actually I was thinking just in VPS and make some adjustments like lighttpd, wp-cache, etc. and if it´s the case, how much Ram would I need?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my poor redaction, I´m spanish speaker.

Hello Ishagmuro,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Based on your stats last month we'd recommed our VS4 or VS5 plan to start. This would be with using cPanel as well as the SuperCache plugin as a large percentage use that. If need be you can later upgrade to a Hybrid Server with no downtime. The amount of RAM depends on various things but once your site is migrated and inside the VPS you will get a good idea of your exact RAM usage so you can go from there and upgrade/downgrade if needed. We sell RAM a la carte to help simplify our customer's upgrades. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joel

Ok guys, I´m going to go with your services.
Last question, Do you have support just in english? or spanish too?

I need a dedicated hosting, fastest for gaming hosting but is very important that the windows just installed SP1 and not SP2 bacause my app no work for some issue with socket. my Question is
You can offer the service with only sp1 installed?

Regards

I need a dedicated hosting, fastest for gaming hosting but is very important that the windows just installed SP1 and not SP2 bacause my app no work for some issue with socket. my Question is
You can offer the service with only sp1 installed?

Regards

Hello,

Sorry we don't offer Windows hosting at this time. We are a Linux only shop currently.

Thanks,
Joel

One last question...with a VPS L, Directadmin, what would be the monthly cost after the first month? I added the coupon but the monthly cost shows 35.00 after 1st month.Thanks for all the help Joel

Hello,

Please ignore the message saying the second month is retail. We don't sell the VPS L anymore so not sure how you see that when ordering. The VS2 is comparable to that and is $40/mo retail. With the coupon KH4LIFE it will be $20 the first month and $34 starting the second month and will remain $34 for life. If you later opt to upgrade the 15% lifetime discount remains so in turn your discount increases. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi Gator,

There is no per-VPS swap with Virtuozzo VPS. Once you exceed memory limit processes will start to be killed to get the memory usage below the limit.

Hi people of Knownhost
I want to ask you about your VPS plans and my Wordpress projects.
Actually I have running some blogs, and my stats last month were:

Unique visitors: 424 866
Page views: 1 530 993
[Broken External Image]:http://www.1-imageshack.us/images/images/45.gif
So, my actual VPS can´t handle that. What is your recomendation? I just use Wordpress, and I assume I´ll increase the traffic in some time.

Would I go for VPS? wich one, or maybe Hybrid?
I can´t afford Dedicated. And actually I was thinking just in VPS and make some adjustments like lighttpd, wp-cache, etc. and if it´s the case, how much Ram would I need?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my poor redaction, I´m spanish speaker.
I would go with VS2