VPS per Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoddard

I have a quick question, how many VPSs do you put per server? Do you have a different amount on a server for each plan? Thanks

This varies per server. We have some with 15 VPS's and some with more. This all depends what plans are selling more. We keep a very good balance though as we leave room for growth, upgrades, etc.

-Jay

Based on your server specs, it seems as though 32 would be the max possible (assuming all 256MB accounts) on one server, but I guess that wouldn't leave any room for growth or upgrades.

David

All servers are different in terms of the number of VPS's we put on them. We always leave room for growth. One thing to make note of is with Virtuozzo we can move customers from server to server on the fly with no downtime. We have our infrastructure built for all our servers to do this. So IP's can be used transparently.

-Jay

KnownHost-CEO said:
All servers are different in terms of the number of VPS's we put on them. We always leave room for growth. One thing to make note of is with Virtuozzo we can move customers from server to server on the fly with no downtime. We have our infrastructure built for all our servers to do this. So IP's can be used transparently.

-Jay
That is a huge plus and shows good planning on your part. So as a real-world example, if I had a VPS on a server that was having periodic performance issues (for whatever reason) it could be moved to another server without a great deal of effort.

David

I know this is kind of a weird question, and TBH I wouldn't care if the answer is like 4 or 5, but how many virtuozzo machines does KH currently run?

-Caleb

I'd rather not say on the forum but we do have more then 4-5. :) I can say we add quite a few per month as well. A couple new ones were just fired up yesterday.

-Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.