VPS outages

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by roman, Jan 22, 2013.

1. roman

roman New Member

Hi,

why do you have so often VPS outages?

2. KH-Paul

KH-Paul CTO Staff Member

We operate pretty large fleet of servers spread across 3 cities/datacenters. It is not like everything is going down at the time when some specific server is having some sort of an issue. As a matter of fact we have on of the best overall uptime in the industry.

3. Dan

Dan Moderator

I haven't seen any downtime on my VPS in months now...

4. PPW Admin

PPW Admin KH Member since 2008

I've been with Knownhost since 2008 and have been very happy with the reliability and service.

5. WRMercier

WRMercier Member

I believe the appearance of excessive outages is due to KH’s policy of being very up front and public with any and all outages, immediately posting to this Forum followed by any and all remedy actions taken. From my personal vantage point over the past couple years, I have seldom seen any effects other then complete satisfactory service. KH isn’t perfect but the closest I’ve come to after multiple hosting companies I’ve used in the past.

6. LaptopFreak

LaptopFreak Member

I don't know how is a few outages for a couple of servers every month a "frequent" thing when KH operates 200+ servers...

7. Linuxuser

Linuxuser New Member

8. Kdean

Kdean New Member

"outrage" ;) - funny thing is it still works. My last host was a complete outrage.