VPS Mtx Questions

StormLexer

Domains unlimited: Does this mean I get unlimited domains with this purchase? Or do I have to buy them separately?

CPU equal share: What does "Equal Share" mean? That I share the CPU with other people/sites?

Min RAM 128 MB: No questions.

Burst RAM 512 MB: What is "Burst RAM"?

Disk space 7 GB: More than enough i'll need, no questions.

Bandwidth 125 GB: Is it possible to upgrade this if I need it?

Dedicated IP 2: No questions.

Control Panels: Do I really need one of these? I'd rather just connect to it via "Remote Connection".

Datacenter: No questions.

Domains unlimited: Does this mean I get unlimited domains with this purchase? Or do I have to buy them separately?

CPU equal share: What does "Equal Share" mean? That I share the CPU with other people/sites?

Min RAM 128 MB: No questions.

Burst RAM 512 MB: What is "Burst RAM"?

Disk space 7 GB: More than enough i'll need, no questions.

Bandwidth 125 GB: Is it possible to upgrade this if I need it?

Dedicated IP 2: No questions.

Control Panels: Do I really need one of these? I'd rather just connect to it via "Remote Connection".

Datacenter: No questions.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Please see below as I have answered your questions. Hope this is helpful.

1. Unlimited domains has nothing to do with domain registration. This means you can "host" as many domains as you want inside the VPS. Domain registration is not our speciality so for things like check Namecheap or Godaddy for example.

2. Equal share for VPS's means you get an equal percentage of the physical servers CPU. So for example if we have 10 VPS's on a server you get 1/10 of the servers CPU at the time you require CPU. Based on how CPU works maybe only 4 of those 10 VPS's are using CPU when you need it which means at that time you can use 1/4. That is how it works in a nutshell. If you require heavy CPU usage it's best to get a dedicated server (depends on your usage so this may be irrelevant.

3. Burst RAM - that is the amount of RAM we allow you to use if/when it's available on the entire server. It's nothing to rely on but in many cases is usable for our clients.

4. If you don't use a control panel you need to do everything from the command line. If your technical enough and can create domains, email accounts, databases, etc from the command line then a control panel isn't needed. In most cases they are ordered as using the command line requires quite a bit of experience. Make note we are a 100% linux shop so no Windows hosting we provide.

5. Yes, you can add Bandwidth if you need it. See here. In most cases clients upgrade their plan if they need more Bandwidth as this increases not only Bandwidth but also RAM and Disk Space.

Regards,
Joel

Oh, linux only? =/
I need windows server to do what I plan on doing. Oh well, I guess it back to the drawing board. Thanks for answering my questions.