Vps - M

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blasto333

I am moving from a previous hosting company where I had 384mb of ram and 1gb of burst ram (VPS).

On this server I had 21 accounts, most of them had little usage. The sites always loaded fast, I was just paying too much for what I need. (Most of the sites hosted are friends, a couple are mine, and a couple are paying clients)

In total I used about 5-7gb of bandwidth per month and 2-3 gb of storage.

The sites hosted on the account do not have a lot of traffic or heavy applications. Will the VPS-m work well?

I think one of the questions is which control panel if any do you need. Using VPS-M and a control panel may be an issue.
That is one thing that comes up often when talking about memory usage, probably more than your sites the way you described them.

Hello blasto333,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. I am going to assume you plan to use cPanel or another control panel we offer. With that said, I would say go for the VPS L plan. We have a promotion which will allow you to pay nearly the same amount as the VPS M as it includes 50% off the first two months followed by 10% off for life (even if you upgrade, etc). https://www.knownhost.com/ Hope to see you signup.

-Jay

blasto333 best option would be to check your current VPS when your sites are busy and see how much RAM it is consuming, based on that you can buy your next VPS (with some extra memory from the amount being used).

Hello blasto333,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. I am going to assume you plan to use cPanel or another control panel we offer. With that said, I would say go for the VPS L plan. We have a promotion which will allow you to pay nearly the same amount as the VPS M as it includes 50% off the first two months followed by 10% off for life (even if you upgrade, etc). http://knownhost.com/specials.html Hope to see you signup.

-Jay

Please cancel my current signup. I am going to resign up with the VPS-L with the coupon you described and pay yearly. My domain is blastohosting.com

Please cancel my current signup. I am going to resign up with the VPS-L with the coupon you described and pay yearly. My domain is blastohosting.com

Your order was processed a few hours ago so we can apply a credit and upgrade you. Ordering over is extra work for you and considering the order was processed and your VPS is being built it doesn't make much sense. Please email sales@ and request to upgrade and receive the credit and we will take care of it right away.

-Jay

Your order was processed a few hours ago so we can apply a credit and upgrade you. Ordering over is extra work for you and considering the order was processed and your VPS is being built it doesn't make much sense. Please email sales@ and request to upgrade and receive the credit and we will take care of it right away.

-Jay

I have sent an e-mail to sales(at)knownhost(dot)com, do you know when my VPS will be ready so I can start transferring sites? (It is going to be a pain!)

Well I tried the VPS-M and without much traffic + cpanel the memory usage was 99-100%. I don't think the VPS-M plan has enough RAM to support a control panel.

I have decided to move to a reseller account as that should support most of my needs and have better performance as all the software is shared/hardware is shared instead of dedicated.

and have better performance as all the software is shared/hardware is shared instead of dedicated.

Not sure how you equate shared hardware with better performance but as stated to you by Knownhost the VPS M is not suitable for cPanel. If you had the L it would have been fine.

Good luck with your new host.

Well I tried the VPS-M and without much traffic + cpanel the memory usage was 99-100%. I don't think the VPS-M plan has enough RAM to support a control panel.

I have decided to move to a reseller account as that should support most of my needs and have better performance as all the software is shared/hardware is shared instead of dedicated.

It will support a control panel. However, cPanel is quite resource intensive. When I first started here, I ran DirectAdmin on the M plan quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.