VPS compared to Shared Hosting

jaguar

With VPS you get full root access, more disk space and bandwidth, and some other advantages. But what about load-times? Will webpages hosted on VPS load faster compared to shared hosting, or will it be unnoticable?

With VPS you get full root access, more disk space and bandwidth, and some other advantages. But what about load-times? Will webpages hosted on VPS load faster compared to shared hosting, or will it be unnoticable?

Hello,

This question isn't possible to answer as way too many things factor in. In general VPS's we recommend for reasons such as true isolation from other users (files are safe), unique IP's, and your own mail server and the reasons you mentioned above. Load times can depend on location, the server load, and other customers and what they are doing at the same exact second you are having your site resolve (VPS is making requests). If you have any further questions let us know.

Thanks,
Joel

Thanks. Let me rephrase that. Do VPS-users have the same resources as SharedHost-users, meaning, are the machines running VPS the same configuration as those running SharedHost, and have the same amount of users, or do the VPS have better configuration and less users per machine ?

It says the VPS is semi-managed. Does that mean, apache+PHP+Mysql and some kind of control-panel is installed and configured securely, or is it just a clean virtual machine? These are applications we really don't want to try to configure.

VPS's have less users per server and are isolated with the use of Virtuozzo. With the VPS you get more for your money as you get your own control panel, etc.

We will install all the latest applications such as apache, PHP, and MySQL as they come prebundled with the any of the control panels we offer. At anytime if you want them updated after the installation just let us know.

Thanks,
Joel

Hello,

As a VPS user I can say that I have seen significant load time differences even between different VPSs. In shared hosting you have no control what so ever whereas with a VPS you have perhaps not total control but definitely much more.

Hope that helps,

Dan