vBulletin Hosting...

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Jaxel, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Guest

I've been looking into knownhost for hosting my forums because of the good words I have been hearing on vbulletin.com and webhostingtalk.com... The current server we are on can barely handle our user base, with page load times taking up to 6 minutes for a single thread. As well, our server load numbers are around 40-70. However, I am a bit confused on my options...

Currently I have a community that is topping off at 250 online users at a time (usually around 100 users, and 150 guests); so thats 250 people browsing in a 15 minute period. We want to put a new forum together and start from scratch. New database and everything. Would the VPS XL plan be enough for us? We want performance, with pages loading under the 2 second standard.

I also have a question, for a vBulletin based website, would we be better of with the TX colocation, or the CA colocation?

2. ppc

ppc Moderator

Hey Jaxel,

I'll wait for a KH rep to reply for a plan recommendation.

The question of which DC to have the VPS located is answered based upon the location of the majority of your users or who you want to cater to. This thread should help you decide: http://forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?t=899.

Regards,

3. KH-Joel

KH-Joel KH Sales Staff Member

We replied yesterday upon a sales ticket being opened. Any questions let us know.

Joel

4. cookie

cookie Alien

I have kayako , whmcs and vbulletin. my vbulletin is the fastest part of my website;)