upgrade this forum to VB 3.6.4

ppc

I few friends of mine who were running earlier versions(earlier that 3.6.4) of vbulletin were hacked....apparently as I have been reading there are vulnerabilities with previous versions...i just upgraded mine...

why not upgrade it ;)

picking up the pieces after a hack is not fun as im sure you guys know

Patches can be applied to vB in a manner of minutes versus a full upgrade.. This will not change the version# but will patch any security holes..;)

Just letting you know, another friend of mine's vbulletin was just hacked with "vBulletin Version 3.6.0".

Guys, it just takes 5 minutes to upgrade and it will save you much trouble in the future.

Just letting you know, another friend of mine's vbulletin was just hacked with "vBulletin Version 3.6.0".

Guys, it just takes 5 minutes to upgrade and it will save you much trouble in the future.

You do have the option to just install the security fix versus overwriting all your php files (Full Upgrade) Doing this does not change your version number. KnownHost may have done this as well. But you are rite in reminding them if they have not took preventive measures.:D

You do have the option to just install the security fix versus overwriting all your php files (Full Upgrade) Doing this does not change your version number. KnownHost may have done this as well. But you are rite in reminding them if they have not took preventive measures.:D
Yup.

Also, there's new features with the latest version,

Why not take advantage of them while one's license is still active? I for one thought it would be a big deal to upgrade. It really isnt, it took less than 5 minutes including uploading the new files.

Yup.

Also, there's new features with the latest version,

Why not take advantage of them while one's license is still active? I for one thought it would be a big deal to upgrade. It really isnt, it took less than 5 minutes including uploading the new files.

I'm just glad we have been at 3.6.4 for awhile now. They were working me to death upgrading, as I have a very custom site, it's a pain in the butt to re-edit templates.. So if you have a standard vB install the upgrade does not take that long, but if your board in modified, it's a couple days for me..:D

I'm just glad we have been at 3.6.4 for awhile now. They were working me to death upgrading, as I have a very custom site, it's a pain in the butt to re-edit templates.. So if you have a standard vB install the upgrade does not take that long, but if your board in modified, it's a couple days for me..:D

Thats true. Though I'm sure upgrading is less stressful than picking up the pieces after a hack :)

It would be nice if vbulletin created some sort of auto-upgrade.

Thats true. Though I'm sure upgrading is less stressful than picking up the pieces after a hack :)

It would be nice if vbulletin created some sort of auto-upgrade.

Well I guess in a sense it is a auto upgrade, the installer does everything for you all we have to do is click next.. And or course upload the new files, but I don't like doing full upgrades very often. As long as I install the security fixes I'm ok with being a little behind on version #'s :cool: