Trying to find a Download script...

K24

Hello,

Im trying to find a suitable download script for a normal html page site.

Any suggestions?

Your terms are unfortunately just as unclear. What exactly is your definition of a "download script?"

Hello!

I dont know much about them, tried browsing about so its the only term I know...

for example I'm already using a download addon from vb.org for me forum,

But I'm trying to find something suitable for a normal html site.that I can just install,
(kinda like guestbook scripts or contact us forms etc)

So user can come on to my site:

- download a file,
- limitation on downloads

The script should be able to support various file formats, things like that.

Hope that makes sense

Hello!

I dont know much about them, tried browsing about so its the only term I know...

for example I'm already using a download addon from vb.org for me forum,

But I'm trying to find something suitable for a normal html site.that I can just install,
(kinda like guestbook scripts or contact us forms etc)

So user can come on to my site:

- download a file,
- limitation on downloads

The script should be able to support various file formats, things like that.

Hope that makes sense

It doesn't really, but I have a very strong feeling that whatever it is you want cannot be implemented in HTML, as HTML is simply a markup language. If your goal is to require a login to access content then that's quite a bit more involved than what you're asking for unless you're using an application framework of some kind.

It doesn't really, but I have a very strong feeling that whatever it is you want cannot be implemented in HTML, as HTML is simply a markup language. If your goal is to require a login to access content then that's quite a bit more involved than what you're asking for unless you're using an application framework of some kind.

In my mind I have a clear Idea, just unsure how to explain it without pasting links.

ok for example say if this is the webpage content:

on a normal html page you could have download links set like this:

download link 1 | download link 2 | download link 3

you would right click and 'save target as' the urls would be visiable on the browsers status and their would be no download limit.

What I'm looking for or if possible,to do....is add a limit on the amount of times a file can be downloaded on a simple html page, without the need to login

with heaps of java codes out there with timers for page diverts I thought it might be possible :confused: