Transferring Accounts From Other Hosting

transcriptionist.com.au

3x WHM VPS + Growing
Hello,

I currently have clients who have accounts on a shared server that I am a reseller for. The clients all have cPanel, I have no access to WHM, my reseller has that, I just sell the accounts for them.

I would like to start moving these clients across to my own VPS in the near future to give them a better deal and better support :) I know that it is possible to transfer accounts from one cPanel account to another and that I just email KH support with the login details for the cPanel being transfered from and they will do it for me.

Does everything get transferred or is there some extra stuff that I need to do ? What about MySQL databases, do they and their contents get copied across also or would i have to export data out from the old and import into the new ?

Any advice on this would be handy so that I can try and work out a smooth transition.

Thanks

Dave.

If your customers have access to cPanel's backup then everything will be retained, cPanel usernames, databases, files, everything. All that you would have to do is point their domain names at the new nameservers and you would be good to go. If cPanel backup isn't enabled then the only other option that I'm aware of is doing it manually, I've done it manually a few times before and the only thing that wasn't straight forward was MySQL, I got some pretty hairy errors even when both versions of MySQL were the same.

Sorry, I thought you signed up with cPanel. We only do migrations from the same control panel but in terms of a DB dump or something like that we can help. Just let our support department know.

Joel

Sorry, I thought you signed up with cPanel. We only do migrations from the same control panel but in terms of a DB dump or something like that we can help. Just let our support department know.

Joel

Question. Is it too late to switch?? lol
I'm being a bit wimpy with my move. If it's too late that's fine, but I thought I'd ask. ;)

We will need to recreate the VPS for you but we have no problem doing this. Please email sales@ with the request and we will do it right away. Also, do you want Fantastico with cPanel?

Joel

Please open a ticket with our support department to schedule the migration from your current host. Have a good night.

Joel