Ticket Priorities / Statuses

Hi,

1) I would recommend adding a "low" priority ticket status for customers non urgent issues. For example, general questions that aren't urgent and don't need a "guaranteed" response.

2) I would recommend adding a ticket status that's something like "Awaiting customer reply" rather than "On Hold" when a staff member replies to a ticket. Or maybe when they're working on something have a status "work in progress".

Thanks.

@guernseycomponents,

Thanks for your feedback. For point 1, this is what "Normal" is for. Everything is treated as a priority by us, though Normal does differ from Critical in our guaranteed response times of course.

Point 2 is something that's been mentioned before and likely will change in the future with the upcoming revamp of our support system.

@guernseycomponents,

Thanks for your feedback. For point 1, this is what "Normal" is for. Everything is treated as a priority by us, though Normal does differ from Critical in our guaranteed response times of course.

Point 2 is something that's been mentioned before and likely will change in the future with the upcoming revamp of our support system.

Thanks for your quick response!

Upcoming revamp, ay? New version of Kayako or completely different system, or is it a secret? How long do you reckon? Your support system works fine, but I'm not a HUGE fan! :)

It will be the new version of Kayako. It's much improved over the version we're currently running.

I'm not a fan of what it is right now either for what it's worth.

As for a timeline it's hard to say, but we should be talking in months and not years. Past that a definite estimate is hard to say because it depends upon a few other projects to be completed such as our billing system overhaul ;)

It will be the new version of Kayako. It's much improved over the version we're currently running.

I'm not a fan of what it is right now either for what it's worth.

As for a timeline it's hard to say, but we should be talking in months and not years. Past that a definite estimate is hard to say because it depends upon a few other projects to be completed such as our billing system overhaul ;)

Ooh, I like the sound of the billing system overhaul. I'm really not a fan of the billing system at the moment (which is why I go directly to support.knownhost.com to submit tickets..). Just use WHMCS, keep things simple ;) Then you don't need to pay extra for Kayako.

Sadly between the massive amount of tickets we deal with on a daily basis and the constant security patches from WHMCS I don't think that would be a feasible option. It definitely has it's perks for smaller deployments but our ticket load would make it cry.

Sadly between the massive amount of tickets we deal with on a daily basis and the constant security patches from WHMCS I don't think that would be a feasible option. It definitely has it's perks for smaller deployments but our ticket load would make it cry.

Fair enough, was just a suggestion hehe :) I saw JaguarPC had gone from Kayako to WHMCS recently.

Well I really look forward to seeing you roll out the new Kayako version, I think it will be great!