Disk Block Usage:

Used:

12.39 GB

Available:

1.4 GB

Total:

13.79 GB

ChkServd Version:

I deleted some files and brought that usage down, noting that I only had 15GB total size of my VPS at the time. After a few minutes I checked again and my VPS size was reported to be 19GB. This morning I have 50GB. Was there some resizing happening on the host node that temporarily dropped my VPS' capacity resulting in this warning? As of today I'm back to:

dev/simfs
Size: 50G
Used: 11G
Available: 40G
% used: 21%

Thanks!

@haus it does sound like this was from normal maintenance and is sometimes a symptom to pops up while your VPS is moving to new hardware. Feel free to open up a support ticket and request escalation citing this post if you'd like us to verify that.

Thanks Jonathan. Since I wasn't making any changes I'm going to assume that's what it was and just file it away under things I might see from time to time. Just freaked me out a bit since I'm not used to filling disks so fast. I immediately went to /var/log and went looking for something going crazy but there was nothing unusual.

Hii,

This is alert that system / partition goes to extreme position, wherever space goes to 80%, generate a alert message to mail ID.
In that case of remove the term related files.

Please note in this particular case it was likely a host node (or move) operation that caused the error. It was *NOT* that we had used more than 80% of our space. The reason I wrote the post was because our VPS' reported capacity had dropped from 50GB to 15GB temporarily, which triggered the warning.

Please note in this particular case it was likely a host node (or move) operation that caused the error. It was *NOT* that we had used more than 80% of our space. The reason I wrote the post was because our VPS' reported capacity had dropped from 50GB to 15GB temporarily, which triggered the warning.

That's correct.