Support Problem

Yogesh

Hi,

Recently my vps was hacked and many domains files was injected with base64 code. While speaking with support persons i told them very clearly that i want only that code to be removed and they have removed whole file itself and my site stopped working! and now they are asking money to restore!!?!??!! are they joking??

I never said to remove any files. They did and now they are asking money to recover it! I have been member from many months and i never saw these kinda of robbery here. i am sure something is wrong here. I want some one (like manager or admin) to take over and check on this issue.

Yogesh,

I do apologize for this, there was a mis communication between our technician and you in the ticket which resulted in all of the infected files being deleted.

We do not offer coding or development services so we are unable to clean individual code from files such as that, however I will ensure all of your files are restored without charge as they should not have been deleted without your permission, but if the files are still infected even from the backup then you would need to remove the malicious code or upload clean known files.

With regards to the charge for the restoration, our helpdesk technicians do not have the authority to over ride the standard fee for a partial restoration, but as I said I will make sure that is taken care of no charge to you.

I have instructed Luke to contact you regarding this and to work with you on getting the files restored.

Yogesh,

I do apologize for this, there was a mis communication between our technician and you in the ticket which resulted in all of the infected files being deleted.

We do not offer coding or development services so we are unable to clean individual code from files such as that, however I will ensure all of your files are restored without charge as they should not have been deleted without your permission, but if the files are still infected even from the backup then you would need to remove the malicious code or upload clean known files.

With regards to the charge for the restoration, our helpdesk technicians do not have the authority to over ride the standard fee for a partial restoration, but as I said I will make sure that is taken care of no charge to you.

I have instructed Luke to contact you regarding this and to work with you on getting the files restored.

Hey,

Thanks for prompt response. I have fixed it myself.. :)

Can I have some clarification on costs for backup restores? I wasn't aware (or had forgotten) that restoring a backup carried a fee.