Suggestions for New Site

ppc

Hi KH,

Going to post my suggestions/comments here about the new site just because it's easier. Overall it's amazing!

1. In the forum, when you login, the "redirection" is a funky looking page, the window is off to the side.
  2. In the forum, the top header image is stretched unlike the other pages. You notice this as "The world's best known VPS provider" looks fuzzy.
  3. In the footer, it might make sense to change it from 2005-2009 KnownHost.com. All rights reserved. to include the "LLC" as that's a place people look for when they want to see if the company is incorporated or not.
  4. I would have thought if the forum was already going to be skinned, it would make sense to skin it on the latest vBulletin version. The forum is months out-dated.
  5. It could also be cool if there was a page in the about us, with a bio of the management team as it always makes it feel "realer".
  6. For the livechat up top, it might be better if it says offline or online.
  7. EDIT: As we can see, numbering doesn't look right in the forum ;)

If I notice anything else I'll be sure to add it to the list.

Best,

At the footer of pages on the support.knownhost.com site, the links to things like legal, aup, etc go to non-existent pages.

Thanks for the feedback, typo's, etc. We have made the changes as requested. Some of the suggestions we will discuss in regards to adding more pages to our site too.

Joel

From the 'Specials' page:

*This will be accepted for monthly payments only so if used for quarterly or annual payments the order will be canceled immediately.

I added in 'be', as without it, the sentence was not structured correctly.

This suggestion is actually relating to the forum but thought I would post it here as it has to do with the new offerings as well. In the forum, you probably want to add a Managed/Dedicated Servers category or something similar, unless it's already there and I just don't see it since I am a VPS customer.

Does anyone see what Aldo see's? I can only assume it's on an old browser or something but need more details to fix it... If I had to put money on it I'd say Aldo's computer either is using an old browser of some sort or the pop up feature on his computer doesn't work (disabled). If someone else see's the html link above like he did let us know.

Joel

Does anyone see what Aldo see's? I can only assume it's on an old browser or something but need more details to fix it...

Joel

Maybe his browser does not support JS?

By the way, the login page on the forums is offcenter.

Does anyone see what Aldo see's? I can only assume it's on an old browser or something but need more details to fix it... If I had to put money on it I'd say Aldo's computer either is using an old browser of some sort or the pop up feature on his computer doesn't work (disabled). If someone else see's the html link above like he did let us know.

Joel

If I go directly to the original link it's all left centered, but if I access the page via the "Fully Managed" link on https://www.knownhost.com/vps_packages.html then it opens as a pop up, which I believe is the intended behaviour.

Pete

One small little thing I found:

The link at the top of the page, saying "Back to the Site", talks about the user going to the forward in the hover text.

I'm glad my typo regarding the word forward instead of forum didn't throw you off...

Anyways, past that, I think it all looks good. I'm quite jealous. ;) I must track down the guy who did the design. (No, wait, I think I already did).

I think the old site was better.

1) When I'm a big client I enter the site and look around to see some VPS, Hybrid and managed service. No dedicated? Well, I had to try next site.
2) When I'm a small client that look for managed VPS I check first "Managed Servers", then I close the site after seeeing that the cheapest managed package is $199.

I also do not understand why you hide your prices so much... Your biggest selling point is the low price! But you show up the expensive prices of dedicated right away (1 click), while to get to the cheap VPS prices you hade to click 2 times (after overview). You don't need to be a marketing guru to find out that this does not make sense :D

I think the old site was better.

1) When I'm a big client I enter the site and look around to see some VPS, Hybrid and managed service. No dedicated? Well, I had to try next site.
2) When I'm a small client that look for managed VPS I check first "Managed Servers", then I close the site after seeeing that the cheapest managed package is $199.

I also do not understand why you hide your prices so much... Your biggest selling point is the low price! But you show up the expensive prices of dedicated right away (1 click), while to get to the cheap VPS prices you hade to click 2 times (after overview). You don't need to be a marketing guru to find out that this does not make sense :D

Sorry, I do not fully disagree. We list our prices everywhere. On the main banner on the front page we focus on VPS's on the main banner. Then for the VPS pages and every other page regarding a product the black banner lists the price. We don't hide prices, in fact we make them obvious and much bigger. As for the 2 clicks for VPS prices compared to 1 on dedicated this is because VPS's are our core product line so we have much more to say about them. We could go without the Overview page but we don't want to cram that info onto the Pricing page.

We could make Pricing the first tab on VPS's instead of overview so it's one click basically. That is a simple fix. What does others think?

Joel

Sorry, I do not fully disagree. We list our prices everywhere. On the main banner on the front page we focus on VPS's on the main banner. Then for the VPS pages and every other page regarding a product the black banner lists the price. We don't hide prices, in fact we make them obvious and much bigger. As for the 2 clicks for VPS prices compared to 1 on dedicated this is because VPS's are our core product line so we have much more to say about them. We could go without the Overview page but we don't want to cram that info onto the Pricing page.

We could make Pricing the first tab on VPS's instead of overview so it's one click basically. That is a simple fix. What does others think?

Joel

I think that having the "from" price showing the lowest price in each tier is very understandable.

The other is, I believe, terminology. The dedicated servers are being called managed servers kind of giving the impression that the other two tiers are not managed. Perhaps instead "Managed" should be "Dedicated" and in a box above all the offerings something along the lines of "All our servers are fully managed".