Suggestion to fight spam

Yogesh Sarkar

I see a particular site is manually spamming Knownhost forums, I have noticed this because I have already reported them a few times earlier.

On my forums we ban the URL of the spammer’s website through censorship option to ensure that a particular site can’t even be quoted by normal users.

I know its kind of harsh, however people who spam have no right to do business and this can really hurt them in the long run.

Just my 2cents.

I see a particular site is manually spamming Knownhost forums, I have noticed this because I have already reported them a few times earlier.

On my forums we ban the URL of the spammer’s website through censorship option to ensure that a particular site can’t even be quoted by normal users.

I know its kind of harsh, however people who spam have no right to do business and this can really hurt them in the long run.

Just my 2cents.

Definitely a good suggestion. I suggested this myself a while ago, not sure if Paul ever got to it. If I had admin access I would do it in a sec. Until then, I just kill the threads.