Suggestion for 'Submit a Ticket' form

Fezz

Hi,

Love you guys! Hard to improve upon perfection, but I *do* have a suggestion for you. :)

How about a drop down menu so we can simply choose one of our accounts, rather than having us look IP/RootPW/Port every time we visit? I find it rather annoying to have to go look the info up, then flip back and forth between apps to copy/paste.

Just a thought!

Thanks,
Fezz

Hi,

Love you guys! Hard to improve upon perfection, but I *do* have a suggestion for you. :)

How about a drop down menu so we can simply choose one of our accounts, rather than having us look IP/RootPW/Port every time we visit? I find it rather annoying to have to go look the info up, then flip back and forth between apps to copy/paste.

Just a thought!

Thanks,
Fezz

I would love to implement something like that but given the way our back-ends work and are tied together it would be quite a task to accomplish. To be honest I don't see this coming anytime soon unfortunately.

What if I make the IP box also recognize a hostname? Do you think that would be an improvement?

Yes, it would be a lot easier to remember a host name than an IP. But honestly, I'm not sure the convenience gained from that would be worth the effort. The user would still have to look for the password/port.

Bah. Oh well. Wishful thinking, tis all. Keep up the good work, thanks!

Yes, it would be a lot easier to remember a host name than an IP. But honestly, I'm not sure the convenience gained from that would be worth the effort. The user would still have to look for the password/port.

Bah. Oh well. Wishful thinking, tis all. Keep up the good work, thanks!

Even with a dropdown we'd still require the password as there's no way to backdoor WHM unless we change the root password of the VPS.

Huh. But... didn't the user already give you the pw before submitting the ticket?

I mean, I have one master acct with KH. I use it to log into Support and Billing. If I log into billing, I can see all of my hosting packages in one place. If I wanted to pay a bill, I don't have to re-enter a pw. All I do is pay.

I figured it could work the same for Support Tickets. If you already logged in using a master acct, then no need to re-authenticate yourself at an even lower level.

Huh. But... didn't the user already give you the pw before submitting the ticket?

I mean, I have one master acct with KH. I use it to log into Support and Billing. If I log into billing, I can see all of my hosting packages in one place. If I wanted to pay a bill, I don't have to re-enter a pw. All I do is pay.

I figured it could work the same for Support Tickets. If you already logged in using a master acct, then no need to re-authenticate yourself at an even lower level.

KH Account Password != VPS root password

If they match, they shouldn't and you should change one.

Each server has it's own filesystem and is in no way connected to our billing and support systems. It's simply hosted on our network, but completely it's own if that makes sense.

lol! No, my KH pw is not the same as my VPS pws!

Ok, so what you're saying is that you guys (I mean, KH) do not store our server specific pw/port info? Kind of like... I dunno, using Authorize.net so you don't have to store credit card numbers on your server? So support.knownhost.com couldn't supply our info to itself because it doesn't store anything?

Man, my head hurts. haha

Well, at least now I understand why there are 3 different top lvl logins with you guys (billing, support, and, now, forums).

lol! No, my KH pw is not the same as my VPS pws!

Ok, so what you're saying is that you guys (I mean, KH) do not store our server specific pw/port info? Kind of like... I dunno, using Authorize.net so you don't have to store credit card numbers on your server? So support.knownhost.com couldn't supply our info to itself because it doesn't store anything?

Man, my head hurts. haha

Well, at least now I understand why there are 3 different top lvl logins with you guys (billing, support, and, now, forums).

Yep now you're on the right track :)