SSL Certificate Expiry

YMSA

I've received an e-mail with this message:

Certificate for cpanel on ns1.mysite.co.za will expire in less than 30 days. You should install a new certificate as soon as possible. You can install a new certificate in WHM under "Manage Service SSL Certificates", or by clicking this link:..."

The same has been received for courier-pop3d, exim. courier-imapd

When I try to instal a new certificate through WHM, it does not update the certificate expiry date. I've also tried to "Fetch" a new key, nothing happens

Please advise how to proceed

Hello YMSA,

From what I can see these are just warning emails. Once the certificates expire cPanel will automatically renew them assuming you have your system set to run updates.

If you want to renew them manually you can do so in WHM by going to Service Configuration | Manage Service Certificates. There indicated by color you will see which certificates are about to expire. To renew them click Reset Certificate and then Generate a New Certificate. WHM should then generate a new certificate with the expiration date a year away.

This is all also assuming you are running with the standard cPanel certificates not custom certificates.

Hope that helps!