SSH key refused

skullz613

Hi everyone, I'm new to KH.

I recently took over a large game fan site that needs the power of a VPS so thought I'd try KH due to the good feedback I saw on Xenforo's forum.

I'm in the process of moving from a gutless Namecheap shared hosting plan (was a temporary stepping stone) and only have the site files to move (27GB) The cpanel backup failed at 98% by the looks of it as I just did a test unpack using 7zip and it stopped due to corruption. Going to have to transfer the hard way I guess using FTP.

I have managed to import the database via SSH but had to do it without using a key. I made the key, authorized the public key, downloaded the private key in ppk format, setup putty and tried to connect. I got a message, Server refused our key.
I even tried doing the convert with PuTTYgen but got the same message.
Is there a step I forgot?
I have not used SSH for quite some time so it's all slowly coming back to me.

Ouch, 27GB will take a while to move via FTP.

It sounds like you did all the steps right for the key. Do you by chance have access to a Linux or Mac desktop where you could test the keys directly without having to convert to Putty format for the private key?

Ouch, 27GB will take a while to move via FTP.

It sounds like you did all the steps right for the key. Do you by chance have access to a Linux or Mac desktop where you could test the keys directly without having to convert to Putty format for the private key?

Yeah the last FTP transfer took two days, one to download and one to upload.

No I don't have access to Linux or Mac.