Special Promotion

Jleagle,

Most customers when they signed up with us took advantage of some sort of promotion in the beginning. This is also why we recently added more bandwidth and RAM to all our VPS packages so that existing customers also benefit.

Thanks,
Joel

I do love KH but I find it strange that I get penalized (don't get my discount that I got when I signed up) for paying yearly. Really doesn't make much sense.

I never did get to take advantage of a special promotion. When I signed up there was no promotion for the package I ordered.

We got the 50% off for two months back last year when we signed up :)

Trying to decide if I will get another here or if needs will dictate more than the Hybrid Servers provide.

This is a little off topic, but can someone refresh my memory. When KH started wasn't their data center and equipment in the Washington DC area just like the people/company are?

This is a little off topic, but can someone refresh my memory. When KH started wasn't their data center and equipment in the Washington DC area just like the people/company are?

Though I wasn't with knownhost yet when they were with their original datacenter so I cant recall exactly where the DC was, I do know it was in Savvis and they switched over to colo4 in this announcement:

http://forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?t=251

I do love KH but I find it strange that I get penalized (don't get my discount that I got when I signed up) for paying yearly. Really doesn't make much sense.

Hi Dan,

Just curious as to why you chose to pay so much up front(yearly billing)?

I understand if KH did in fact deeply discount yearly billing but as they don't, why would you want to shell out all that money up front - my thinking, pay monthly and my money will just sit that much longer in my Orange account at ING ;)

Hello,

We had our servers at Layeredtech actually and after we filled up a few machines we needed to go a different route and build our infrastructure out. The renting machines approach which some do and don't like to admit it is just not the way to build your business if your in this for the long haul which we are. You can't use Virtuozzo to the fullest not to mention really control your situation like we can. Anyway, we now have servers in Colo4dallas (moved there from Layeredtech) as well in California (Market Post Tower). We are in the DC Metro area but also have remote workers all in the US. Hope this helps. ;)

Joel

Hi Joel,

We had our servers at Layeredtech actually

I was looking back to way back at the start of KH and saw Savvis(is layered tech in savvis?):

http://web.archive.org/web/20060519144324/www.knownhost.com/company/about.html

have remote workers all in the US.

Really? Thats amazing - how are you able to keep such high level of support - I really am in awe- I thought you just had guys in your "office" with Jay and Paul watching 24/7 :p

Hello,

We had our servers at Layeredtech actually and after we filled up a few machines we needed to go a different route and build our infrastructure out. The renting machines approach which some do and don't like to admit it is just not the way to build your business if your in this for the long haul which we are. You can't use Virtuozzo to the fullest not to mention really control your situation like we can. Anyway, we now have servers in Colo4dallas (moved there from Layeredtech) as well in California (Market Post Tower). We are in the DC Metro area but also have remote workers all in the US. Hope this helps. ;)

Joel

Thanks Joel. I'm guessing since LT has Savvis among others, that your machines when with them were in the Washington DC data center then. Wanted to make sure I wasn't thinking about another provider, but as I recall it was one of the reasons I chose KH since I am on the east coast. Looks like you guys are in MD now pretty close to some of my clients in PAX River :)

We were in Savvis with Layeredtech but not in the DC area. They were all in Texas at Savvis. We considered the DC area but opted not to do that. Sorry if you were under a different impression. :( This doesn't mean we won't be on the East Coast someday. :)

Joel

We were in Savvis with Layeredtech but not in the DC area. They were all in Texas at Savvis. We considered the DC area but opted not to do that. Sorry if you were under a different impression. :( This doesn't mean we won't be on the East Coast someday. :)

Joel

Would really like it if you guys did have a DC DC someday :D

Hi Dan,

Just curious as to why you chose to pay so much up front(yearly billing)?

I understand if KH did in fact deeply discount yearly billing but as they don't, why would you want to shell out all that money up front - my thinking, pay monthly and my money will just sit that much longer in my Orange account at ING ;)

Heya Josh,

I just got tired of paying a bill every month that I received two days before it was due. I was told that they give you a weeks leeway but still.

I've been paying yearly with my last couple of hosts now and I feel comfortable paying KH that way whereas with others there wouldn't be a chance that I would :)

Heya Josh,

I just got tired of paying a bill every month that I received two days before it was due. I was told that they give you a weeks leeway but still.

I've been paying yearly with my last couple of hosts now and I feel comfortable paying KH that way whereas with others there wouldn't be a chance that I would :)

Hi Dan,

Paying yearly is certainly up to you but just thought I'd mention that you don't have to fuss with monthly bills if you chose to pay that way. I just get emails from KH once a month with Invoice information and they auto bill my CC each month so I don't have to do anything, quite painless and nothing to rush to pay or have to remember.

David