SpamAssassin Cron Job

eJM

enterpriseJM
I would like to set up a cron job to update SpamAssassin every day. Can someone explain how to do that? I need the commands, etc.

Thanks,

Jim

Thank you.

Weeding through 553,000 tutorials to find one that would work on the server I use was not nearly as appealing as asking here - where everyone in this forum uses similar technology as I do. I figured if someone here had successfully set up a cron job to do just what I want to do, they might not mind sharing it.

The link you provided offered this example that you said should do what I want:
Code:
sa-update && service spamassassin restart
I set it up to run once a day. I guess I'll know if it fails or succeeds sometime around 3am tonight.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Thank you.

Weeding through 553,000 tutorials to find one that would work on the server I use was not nearly as appealing as asking here - where everyone in this forum uses similar technology as I do.

There is virtually no variation in modern cron implementations across platforms. In this regard, everyone uses the same technology you do.

The cron job I set up processed this morning. The result was emailed to me:

mkdir /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys: Permission denied at /usr/bin/sa-update line 1223

Any suggestions?

Jim

I have put in 2 separate support tickets relating to this. I continue to get errors that refer to permissions. The last error came last night:
gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir `/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys'
gpg: failed to create temporary file `/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/.#lk0xb8006258.loomis.enterprisejm.net.28092': Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/secring.gpg': general error
gpg: failed to create temporary file `/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/.#lk0xb8006258.loomis.enterprisejm.net.28092': Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/pubring.gpg': general error
gpg: no writable keyring found: eof
gpg: error reading `/usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update-pubkey.txt': general error
gpg: import from `/usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update-pubkey.txt' failed: general error
I'm new to all this. I don't know where or how to set permissions on a folder. I know how to do that via my FTP client (WS_FTP Pro), but I have been unable to set up access deeper than /home/ejm/

Jim