some migration questions

steve

interested in migrating a few sites to a vps SSD-2 here at KH..before I do I have a few questions just to ease my mind

Site5 UGGG
any issues with migration from site5....

7 years with company ...OMG future buyer...BEWARE!
Im sure by now it is becoming common place to have migration from site5 ...as it is now a disaster of a company

Cpanel...

I think i have 10 or so approx sites ...some important some not so much
each site currently is on its on cpanel,

after migration to KH ...would this still be the case each site will have its own cpanel ...will the logins to those cpanels remain the same?

Email

emails will be transferred over also from site 5?

after transfer will all email accounts remain with the same logins..passwords etc?

does email that is left on the server ( old email messages )...also get migrated over?

Securi Malware scanning service

I bought a package from site 5 called a 10 site bundle for 249 USD /year ......( I had a site get hacked where the owner of the site didnt maintain it...php script installed sending 100,000,000 emails /hour/day)

blacklisted server ...and I end up with 4/5 friends whose sites I host...completely pissed at me...complete nightmare..had this installed....never a problem since.

I have looked around the knownhost site for something similiar offered and see nothing.....

Any chance KH has looked into offering these bundled type services?...for what I am doing ...$20USD /month ( securi service cost ) /per site ...is out of line...simply not worth it in my scenario

Server
do I purchase the server first...then initiate the migration ?...or ?
during purchase...for hostname will the choice of the hostname effect the email hostname after transfer?

SSL Certificates

I have 4 sites with SSL from comodo , all purchased via site 5......will these migrate over all intact with no interuption?

IP addresses

I think I have 6 ip's ...all paid for to site 5 on a monthly basis.....will these ip's remain intact after migration ....or?

I am sure I have more questions....but thats it for now

Steve

@steve

Thanks for your post. I'll reply in-line to your questions!

interested in migrating a few sites to a vps SSD-2 here at KH..before I do I have a few questions just to ease my mind

Site5 UGGG
any issues with migration from site5....

No issues that I'm aware of when migrating from Site5 , this should be a straight forward cPanel transfer

7 years with company ...OMG future buyer...BEWARE!
Im sure by now it is becoming common place to have migration from site5 ...as it is now a disaster of a company

Cpanel...

I think i have 10 or so approx sites ...some important some not so much
each site currently is on its on cpanel,

after migration to KH ...would this still be the case each site will have its own cpanel ...will the logins to those cpanels remain the same?

That is correct, each account would retain it's own cPanel account user/pass

Email

emails will be transferred over also from site 5?

after transfer will all email accounts remain with the same logins..passwords etc?

does email that is left on the server ( old email messages )...also get migrated over?

Each user and pass will be maintained for the email accounts.
At the time of migration we compress each website including all existing emails on the server and move them across.

Securi Malware scanning service

I bought a package from site 5 called a 10 site bundle for 249 USD /year ......( I had a site get hacked where the owner of the site didnt maintain it...php script installed sending 100,000,000 emails /hour/day)

blacklisted server ...and I end up with 4/5 friends whose sites I host...completely pissed at me...complete nightmare..had this installed....never a problem since.

I have looked around the knownhost site for something similiar offered and see nothing.....

Any chance KH has looked into offering these bundled type services?...for what I am doing ...$20USD /month ( securi service cost ) /per site ...is out of line...simply not worth it in my scenario

At this time we don't offer a bundled service such as what Sucuri offers. We do however monitor our network and alert you of any suspicious activity as soon as we are aware of it. Now this may not catch everything since it is monitored more on a network level with our abuse department but it would have caught something like this. Our support staff would also assist you in locating any compromise and help direct you in the best way to correct it.

Additional scanning utilities can be installed as well to help look over things.

This isn't to say that in the future we may not partner with them for such a service but it's not on the road map at this particular time.

Server
do I purchase the server first...then initiate the migration ?...or ?
during purchase...for hostname will the choice of the hostname effect the email hostname after transfer?

Yes, you will purchase the server first. The hostname you define will be the base name of the server and can/will show up in email logs etc as to the origination of the message depending on settings.

SSL Certificates

I have 4 sites with SSL from comodo , all purchased via site 5......will these migrate over all intact with no interuption?

Yeup, we will snag all of the SSL certificates and migrate them across. If you have a server/hostname cert let us know at the time of migration and we can move that over as well.

IP addresses

I think I have 6 ip's ...all paid for to site 5 on a monthly basis.....will these ip's remain intact after migration ....or?

Our services come by default with two IP addresses, more can be purchased via our sales and billing department. Since you would be migrating services you would be assigned brand new IP addresses since those you currently have belong to site5.

I am sure I have more questions....but thats it for now

Steve

We welcome questions, the more the merrier! Please do let us know if we can assist you with anything else!

fast reply!

I am going to purchase the managed SSD2 package for 1 year......why 1 year you ask ....instead of 1 month and see how it goes:p

heres why ....is this a mistake using this promo code ( and I have added this promo code to cart to purchase KHPUMPKIN....it doesnt give me the 10% off for life...it gives me 50% off ...for the entire year ! effectively saving me $300 + USD

Is this correct ?.....seems to good to be true IMO :p...but Ill take it :p

Ill migrate across to KH ...and repoint my personal site only ....see how it goes , then repoint the remaining sites to the KH server

sorry Ill add

At this time we don't offer a bundled service such as what Sucuri offers. We do however monitor our network and alert you of any suspicious activity as soon as we are aware of it. Now this may not catch everything since it is monitored more on a network level with our abuse department but it would have caught something like this. Our support staff would also assist you in locating any compromise and help direct you in the best way to correct it.

Additional scanning utilities can be installed as well to help look over things.

This isn't to say that in the future we may not partner with them for such a service but it's not on the road map at this particular time.

you are the COO....I highly recommend you looking at adding this as an extra paid service to KH current customers....im on year 2 with this service.....and not 1 single problem since...

looking forward to working with KH for the future !...albeit with my small little side job

@steve

I do apologize this seems to be an error in the system as it should only be applied to the first months invoice. I've deactivated this coupon till we can investigate it but toss in a sales ticket to my attention and I'll hook you up for finding the bug.

hehe ...based on this ..I already purchased 1 year....and it didnt apply any coupons..... at all ....so I prefer to pay for 3 months

shoulda shut my mouth.....:p

hehe ...based on this ..I already purchased 1 year....and it didnt apply any coupons..... at all ....so I prefer to pay for 3 months

:) Shoot me a ticket and I'll adjust things around on your account for you.

ok Ill submit a ticket...leave it as is for now ....:p

done
Ticket ID #724428

I think I saved KH 10,000 of dollars.....
This code is/was on the webhosting talk forums...wonder how many times used thus far ? :p