Setting DNS with registrar godaddy, and other reseller questions

G

When I put in my the ns ns1.preacherher.org and ns2.preacherherb.org godddy rejects it. so I put in ns1.khost.com and it works- for preacherherb.org, but not for any of my other accounts I set up. the traceroute reveals those name requests get directed to a different server than preacherherb.org is on.

This is a presale question because I'm still on my 5 day trial and I need to hurryup so I don't run out of time to cancel out and not get charged if this doesn't wotk out for me.

Also, hen I specify the Webadmin to one one of the dedicated IP's I ordered, the output of the account setup shows my shared IP.

I don't like webadmin beceause I can't get a file manager view and file manager function of all the accounts I setup. I have to use each accounts seperate cpanel. How do I get file manager view and file manager of all the accounts, root access to my seller account?

I'm considering asking for a trial cancelation if I can't get file manager root access from the reseller account.

Mike,

Did you register your own nameserver names with GoDaddy? Here is a link to their KB which explains how to do this:
http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=668&topic_id=163&&

I'm not sure what ns1.khost.com is - khost.com is not our domain and is not controlled by us. Depending on the service type you should use your own nameservers (VPS) or can use our nameserver names (shared or reseller). Our nameserver names are ns1.knownhost.com and ns2.knownhost.com.

WHM doesn't have any global file manager which will show files for all accounts. Every account has its own filemanager which is available in end-user cPanel control panel.

Regards,
Paul

I got that name server doing a tracer route of the IP. I'm surprised knownhost did not provide me with the knownhost ns when my account was activated.

How do I terminate the service in order not to be billed? I know I only have 5 days, is there a url on knownhost for terminating service whithin the 5 day trial?

Mike,

Most of our reseller account holders prefer to use private nameserver, this is why system was reconfigured to provide private nameserver names for all reseller account. I apologize for the confusion but if you have questions like that it will be better to ask here (on the forum) or open a ticket with our support team to find exact answer about nameserver names that can be used for your account. It is better to have correct information that to try to guess something and then having different / unexpected troubles.

I'm also not sure where 5 days are coming from as we provide 30 day money back guarantee. You may use the following link to submit account cancellation request:
http://support.knownhost.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=4&q=5

Regards,
Paul